Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Subwoofer in Left Rear Side Panel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Converted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Subwoofer in Left Rear Side Panel?

I was wondering has anyone tried to install a subwoofer in the rear left side panel of an 97 extended cab, where the 6 disc changer is/was. I have installed a Pioneer HU DEH-P7200HD, Rockford P1683 3-way speakers front and rear being driven by a Clarion XR2410 amp. Sound quality is very clean but lacks on the base end of the spectrum. I measured the opening and it appears that a 8 inch sub could fit in the openning, would have to fab a mounting plate, and I believe if using a ported design it could be ported into the openning where the CD changer was installed.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Converted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear Left Side Subwoofer Mount

OK, Since I first posted the question about mounting a 8" Sub to the rear left side panel, I have been doing research on the subject. My findings are, using the available space above the area where the disc changer used to reside is indeed a good place to mount an 10" sub. Using UNI box speaker design software, I was able to get a good looking response curve for a 10" Dayton (RSS265HO-4)Subwoofer mounting in a closed box design, peak response at 180 Hz at 600 W. I am planning on using the inset area of the door panel for the speaker enclosure blanking off the opening for the CD changer and stuffing the free area with acoustic fiber. I think this will simplify the install of a subwoofer.

Let me what you guys think of this, will it work?

Last edited by FirstFtruck; 11-04-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer in Left Rear Side Panel?