Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Subwoofer issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 PM

Received 540 Likes on 449 Posts

Default Subwoofer issue

Vehicle: '13 f150 supercrew non-sony
Setup: two sundown e8v2's off an alpine mrp-m500

Everything is ran through the stock unit via LOC's. it sounds like the subs arent playing to their full potential. Gain is set correctly and lp filter at 75hz on the amp. Is it possible the LOC supplying the amp is a high pass signal thus not recieving the lower frequencies, or does this not make a difference? Bass EQ is set to +3db on the amp. Am i right in thinking raising the bassEQ is a bad idea? Possible solutions?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I'd check the setting on your amp. I was in the same situation with mine but I do have the Sony nav. I had wired my subs to the old sub wires that were under the old seat but my amp has the ability to send the signal shared from the front/rear speakers or use the dedicated input from the sub line. I accidentally had mine set to the front/rear at first and since the signal was already crossed over at the amp, the subs got very little signal. When I pushed the button on my amp to change the way it handled inputs, it worked great. So try there and make sure the amp isn't pulling inputs from just one set of speakers vs two vs thinking it should have a dedicated signal and see if it helps at all.

Else - you should only need 1 LOC. A 4-channel LOC will take the signal from the front plus the rear and combine them for you. Then, if you're wanting to retain your Sync stuff (so the voice comes from the front only) you'll still retain that if you're amping the signal and sending it back to the front and back. ...although if you bought 2, 2-channel LOCs then you should be fine too.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 AM

They had it faded to the front. Adjusted back to the middle and all is well. I believe they used 2 2ch LOC's.
Beings im using the stock headunit i dont have the adjustability to just control the doors and just the subs, correct?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

If I understand what you're asking... not really. You could buy a PEQ for your sub and run it to the front somewhere. That's a little **** that controls the gain for your amp. Then you can control it separate of your front speakers and it'll give you the control you're looking for (just the opposite way). A PEQ usually is about $20-25.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:06 PM

i did have a bass **** installed if thats what you're referring too.
What im saying is, when i fade it to the front (components up front) i would want the subs to remain at the same output wise. When i do fade it to the front now the subs getting quieter bc of it.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:36 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by zimmer0
i did have a bass **** installed if thats what you're referring too.
What im saying is, when i fade it to the front (components up front) i would want the subs to remain at the same output wise. When i do fade it to the front now the subs getting quieter bc of it.
Not ideal. In that case they should run the sub amp off the front outputs.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer issue