Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Subwoofer Box Polyester Packing Level

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 08:22 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Subwoofer Box Polyester Packing Level

Hey guys,

I just ordered a mass of stuff for my truck. 4 Alpine Type S speakers, an Alpine deck with Alpine 4 x 45w amp, 1 12" JL WX-4 Sub and 1 250w JL mono amp.

I also ordered some polyester box fill due to the SuperCrew Sound box(with added 5/8" depth). I am wondering how full you stuff that box with the polyfil?

The Subwoofer ideal sealed box room is: 1.375 cuft

The SuperCrew Sound Box gives you: .75 cuft

Not ideal, but that box is very clean. I just want to know how much to stuff the box.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two things every time I build myself a new sub box I buy a new pillow for the bedroom and cut open the old one for polyfill.
I'll take the poly and kind of pull it apart so it's not packed tight very airy/fluffy, then loosely PLACE it not pack it and fill about 50% of the box with it, just eye it.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Thug Eradicator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCP281
Hey guys,

I just ordered a mass of stuff for my truck. 4 Alpine Type S speakers, an Alpine deck with Alpine 4 x 45w amp, 1 12" JL WX-4 Sub and 1 250w JL mono amp.

I also ordered some polyester box fill due to the SuperCrew Sound box(with added 5/8" depth). I am wondering how full you stuff that box with the polyfil?

The Subwoofer ideal sealed box room is: 1.375 cuft

The SuperCrew Sound Box gives you: .75 cuft

Not ideal, but that box is very clean. I just want to know how much to stuff the box.
I would start at 1/2 pound and then work your way up. i wouldnt put much more than a pound in a box that small tho

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Box Polyester Packing Level