Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

subwoofer box

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subwoofer box

Anyone here build they're own subwoofer box? I was wanting to build 2 boxes so I can put some shallow mount 12" subs under the back seat of my extended cab. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, built one for 2 12" BMs. Just take your time, make precise measurements, and make sure it has ample air space and is sealed up really well.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes I did mine in my screw. Measure twice cut 1 lol. The size of the box will be strictly based on the subs you pic. If you need more air space then go with 1/2 mdf other wise if you can use 3/4. then you'll have to decide if you want ported or sealed. I recommend using an air gun with 1 1/2 in finishing nails in 16 gauge. then make sure you use some good glue in all the seams as well. Make sure you also know the proper ring sizes to cut. I know it seems common sense but trust me its not lol. You will also need to make sure your subs are not hitting the seat or floor which ever way you fire them so make sure you leave enough clearance for the cone extending.

I'll post pics of my box soon
Old 02-27-2012, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool thanks guys
Old 02-28-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Filly
Yes I did mine in my screw. Measure twice cut 1 lol. The size of the box will be strictly based on the subs you pic. If you need more air space then go with 1/2 mdf other wise if you can use 3/4. then you'll have to decide if you want ported or sealed. I recommend using an air gun with 1 1/2 in finishing nails in 16 gauge. then make sure you use some good glue in all the seams as well. Make sure you also know the proper ring sizes to cut. I know it seems common sense but trust me its not lol. You will also need to make sure your subs are not hitting the seat or floor which ever way you fire them so make sure you leave enough clearance for the cone extending.

I'll post pics of my box soon
Would you be interested in building a box for me? I'd pay you sufficiently. Noticed you're only about an hour and a half from me.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Yes, built one for 2 12" BMs. Just take your time, make precise measurements, and make sure it has ample air space and is sealed up really well.
you say this as if the 12" BMs are easily attainable lol

id love to get my hands on 1
Old 02-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by easy smeasy
you say this as if the 12" BMs are easily attainable lol

id love to get my hands on 1
True! Nick is waiting for the Prototype mkIV motor to come in, then testing of the prototype and small tooling changes, then production (he hand-builds them all in-house in the USA). I'd say mkIV's should be available by mid to late summer.

Trending Topics

Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM

True! Nick is waiting for the Prototype mkIV motor to come in, then testing of the prototype and small tooling changes, then production (he hand-builds them all in-house in the USA). I'd say mkIV's should be available by mid to late summer.
i wanna get one so bad, but dont know if i wanna wait that long. been thinking about trying the polk MM1040 or MM1240
Old 02-29-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by easy smeasy
i wanna get one so bad, but dont know if i wanna wait that long. been thinking about trying the polk MM1040 or MM1240
Keep a close eye on the classifieds over at diyma.com BMs pop up there for sale every once in a while. You gotta watch it close though, they usually sell extremely fast when posted.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:15 PM

Keep a close eye on the classifieds over at diyma.com BMs pop up there for sale every once in a while. You gotta watch it close though, they usually sell extremely fast when posted.
thank for the tip, definately gonna keep an eye out....have you heard the polk's b4?

Quick Reply: subwoofer box