Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Subwoofer behind super crew back seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Subwoofer behind super crew back seat

The original system in my truck was pretty weak. So I added four r9's in the doors and wanted to add a subwoofer without losing any floor space. I looked through forums and didn't see anything on anyone putting one behind the back seat of a super crew, just noticed people putting amps back there. However look no more I was able to get the 10" Rockford shallow subwoofer with the shallow box back there. I ripped out the lining back there and it fits perfect and sounds awesome. I will post pictures to tommorrow.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 AM

Here is a couple pics.....

It worked out awesome, I wanted somthing but I didn't want to spend a lot of money and wouldnt have to spend a lot of time on. Got the sub and box for $100 on Amazon and used a carpet knife to cut the liner. Took about 20 min in total.

I also posted a pic of the amp I have it mounted under the passenger seat, fits perfect and dont lose any space.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 AM

Here we go........
Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer behind super crew back seat-sub-2.jpg   Subwoofer behind super crew back seat-amp-under-seat.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

do you have a pic of the box before installed? does the sub hit the back of the seat?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by dirtman
do you have a pic of the box before installed? does the sub hit the back of the seat?

Amazon Amazon

Here is the exact box and sub that I used, it doesnt hit the seat at all there is just enough clearance. I havent turned it all the way up yet to see what it can do because it says to break it in first, but I dont think it would, there is a good inch to inch and a half at the top. The only thing I havent firgured out yet is that I am unable to put the seats up because it hits the box, but I am not to concerned.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful, i put two 12 inch subs under my backseat, they sounded soo much louser in the cab than in a normal car !
Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Fordfourlife
http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga.../dp/B0068XYNH4

Here is the exact box and sub that I used, it doesnt hit the seat at all there is just enough clearance. I havent turned it all the way up yet to see what it can do because it says to break it in first, but I dont think it would, there is a good inch to inch and a half at the top. The only thing I havent firgured out yet is that I am unable to put the seats up because it hits the box, but I am not to concerned.
Kinda wonder why you don't get one so you can put the seats up????????
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Kinda wonder why you don't get one so you can put the seats up????????

Yeah I wish I could. I live in MI and its freezing out right now so I dont want to mess with it, but I am sure there is a way I could. Also, that is the smallest box that I could find unless I wanted to go down to like an 8. I suppose if you are a do-it-yourselfer you could make a box but I really didnt want to try that. I spent a ton of time putting the CVT 6.5 Kickers in my door and they sounded like crap, so I wasnt wasting anymore time.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer behind super crew back seat