Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Subs

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:09 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Subs

Is there any way to tell what ohm each of my 2 kicker 12" cvr are?! I want to tell because I got them off a friend and I want them to slam good but I don't know what ohm they are to see which amp I need to push them with what ohms from the amp an to see how to wire it an all that. thanks for any input!!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by raif281
Is there any way to tell what ohm each of my 2 kicker 12" cvr are?! I want to tell because I got them off a friend and I want them to slam good but I don't know what ohm they are to see which amp I need to push them with what ohms from the amp an to see how to wire it an all that. thanks for any input!!
Hook a DMM to the voice coils and set it to "Ohms" you will get a read out of 2.0, 4.0 or whatever resistance they are rated at.

Or you could look closely at the speaker and check out crutchfield's site for the exact sub and what resistance the voice coils are.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by ibd2328

Hook a DMM to the voice coils and set it to "Ohms" you will get a read out of 2.0, 4.0 or whatever resistance they are rated at.

Or you could look closely at the speaker and check out crutchfield's site for the exact sub and what resistance the voice coils are.
what would I be looking at on the sub very closely to check for?!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try looking on the back of the sub for a model number, usually there is a number that has the ohm level in it, for example, CVR122 or CVR124, the last number of those is the ohm level. I believe the newer comp VR's only come in DVC configuration.

Try this for your wiring, comes in handy.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp
Old 03-14-2012, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by DakotaP
Try looking on the back of the sub for a model number, usually there is a number that has the ohm level in it, for example, CVR122 or CVR124, the last number of those is the ohm level. I believe the newer comp VR's only come in DVC configuration.

Try this for your wiring, comes in handy.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp
thanks man, I'll give it a look tmw!! an yes I'm pretty sure they are dual voice coil, that wiring diagram helps a ton!

Quick Reply: Subs