Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sub thud

Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Sub thud

I hooked up my new JVC KW-NT800HDT yesterday using the schosce wiring wiring harness , for an audiophile system. There were a few options, for where to hook up the sub turn on lead. There were two wires in the harness, with the rca's which it looked like only one of them went to a factory wire and then there was the power antenna wire in the new harness, which im not even sure went to any wire on the truck side. I wound up using the wire in with the rca's, but now when I turn the truck on even if the radio is off, I get a thud from the sub. I was wondering if I should have used another wire. Has anyone had this issue or where did you use to hook up the turn on for the stock sub.Thanks, Mark
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Girthy Member

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by kitchenboy
I hooked up my new JVC KW-NT800HDT yesterday using the schosce wiring wiring harness , for an audiophile system. There were a few options, for where to hook up the sub turn on lead. There were two wires in the harness, with the rca's which it looked like only one of them went to a factory wire and then there was the power antenna wire in the new harness, which im not even sure went to any wire on the truck side. I wound up using the wire in with the rca's, but now when I turn the truck on even if the radio is off, I get a thud from the sub. I was wondering if I should have used another wire. Has anyone had this issue or where did you use to hook up the turn on for the stock sub.Thanks, Mark
Had trouble reading that, I did. It sounds like whatever wire you hooked up is connected to a 12v line that is always on when the truck is on. I don't think there is a power antenna connection in the F-150. Too bad because that would work. In my 2011 there was no remote turn on lead either, I think it is all controlled through the canbus. Whay year is your truck?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by kitchenboy
Sub should use the blue turn on wire. It should only turn on when the HU is on.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

ill pull it out this weekend and check it out. its wierd though sometimes it seems worse than others.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sub thud