Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sub surround torn! Temp fix and thoughts about a new one

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:52 AM
kweezy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sub surround torn! Temp fix and thoughts about a new one

I just got a pretty old 12" JL sub from one of my friends and it has the horrible foam surround which ended up ripping Are there ways to patch that up for a short time? (or maybe a longer time until i get around to looking at a new one)

And if i were to get a new one i wanna get the best bang for my buck because im on a high schoolers budget. My amp is 760 peak, 125 Watts x 2, at 4 ohms; 380 Watts x 1, at 4 ohm bridged. Its a pioneer. So what kind of power handing should i be looking for in a new sub? Basically, i just want the same thing everyone else wants, the sub that will pound the hardest and be the most cost effective. OH, and does anyone know about anygood calculators out there for making boxes?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:01 AM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tisk tisk, get dc sound lab when you replace it...jl audio subs dont offer recones where as dc's do if a problem ever arises, that amp would be a good match for a dc sound lab level 2 also, and remember, peak means nothing!

i can hook you up with some box dimensions also
Old 04-21-2009, 03:25 AM
kweezy

So is the brand DC or DC Sound Lab? And its gotta have a pretty shallow bottom mounting depth because its going behind the seat in my single cab. The box i have right now is a little too big so i have my seat adjusted forward and it bugs the hell out of me (i like it all the way back).

But about the dimensions... i think i want to go with ported and have the port face straight up so the sound comes out of the crack between the seat and the back of the cab (right my head ). As of right now its in a tiny sealed box (way less than 1 cu. ft.) and the sub just fires directly into the seat, so i think it would make better sound with the proper volume box and the above idea.

I know there are some specs that have to be pretty much spot-on if you want the desired like port length, diameter and stuff. I think a circle port wont fit so its prob going to have to be built onto one if the sides of the box. Throw some advice at me
Old 04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Car Audio Junkie

www.dcsoundlab.com

sub forward and port to the left is a good combo in your truck
Old 04-21-2009, 06:10 PM
kweezy

Well i dont see anyway that you can buy it direct off of the website and i cant seem to find any of their subs on the internet or even ebay. All i found was their dealers list and that doesnt help me much unless i wanna drive across the state. Do you know of any sites on line that sell them?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Car Audio Junkie

contact rusty, his email is on the website, tell him logan (loganberry) sent you, he will get you taken care of..BEST sub us f150 owners can use and still have it look stock
Old 04-21-2009, 06:26 PM
kweezy

I had just emailed him and then read that post, so i sent him another one that said i forgot to mention that you referred me and just said the same thing.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Car Audio Junkie

ok, yea he will get you taken care of i promise
Old 04-22-2009, 06:22 PM
kweezy

PM'd you
Old 04-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Car Audio Junkie

ygpm