Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sub in screw on back passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub in screw on back passenger side

I get my new 2013 xlt super crew in 2 days!

Is it possible to install a sub under the small section in the back because I use the large section floor space a lot.

Also if it is possible can I run the sub off of the rear speaker wire.

And if THAT is possible what would I need; box, sub, wires and amp?

Kind of slow on this, but I want a little knock in the back and I was hoping to do it myself. Save some bucks and have some pride in being an idiot and doing some thing cool.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 PM

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I just installed a sound ordnance 8" from crutchfied behind my rear seat on my screw. Very pleased with the sound from the little sub. Yes it can easily be connected to the speaker wires located under the kick plate in the door opening. There is a good writeup on here somewhere describing the wire colors. No adapters needed. Speaker level inputs.

Last edited by jejeosborne; 01-10-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 PM

Received 456 Likes on 280 Posts

This sub fits perfect has outstanding sound for its size. Sounds like you have two 10s The seat still functions all the way

http://jlaudio-mobile.shptron.com/p/...v3?pp=12&pp=12

100x better then all in one sub amp combos

Look at the reviews on crutchfeild has perfect 5 star rating and the reviews tell the whole story this sub will rock!!

Last edited by geno51; 01-10-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by geno51
This sub fits perfect has outstanding sound for its size. Sounds like you have two 10s The seat still functions all the way

http://jlaudio-mobile.shptron.com/p/...v3?pp=12&pp=12

100x better then all in one sub amp combos

Look at the reviews on crutchfeild has perfect 5 star rating and the reviews tell the whole story this sub will rock!!
Agree with this being a better sub than the Sound Ordnance B-8PT. I looked at it too but couldn't justify paying an additional $350 for it (after adding an amp). It wouldn't fit behind the rear seat back which I like either. No question the sound would be better but the B-8PT does get a 4.5 star review. I bought a second B-8PT for my daughters jeep after seeing the improvement on my f150.

Get the JL if money and space is not an issue.

Last edited by jejeosborne; 01-10-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to you both. I'd like to keep the money down, and I'd prefer to have nothing sticking out past the seat with little kid footsteps near there.

So for confirmation I would be able to get away with the following;

A 8" sub in a custom built wood box
No Amp
Splice it into my rear speakers
Put in music
Enjoy?

I'm ridiculously unintelligent when it comes to this. An example of how slow I am, I'm concerned about how to splice it because I literally have no idea what to do. I'm just trying to save money
Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 456 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsLL
Thanks to you both. I'd like to keep the money down, and I'd prefer to have nothing sticking out past the seat with little kid footsteps near there.

No Amp
Put in music
Enjoy?

I'm ridiculously unintelligent when it comes to this. An example of how slow I am, I'm concerned about how to splice it because I literally have no idea what to do. I'm just trying to save money
If you want that how with the sound ordinance sub
Old 01-11-2013, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ItsLL

No Amp
Put in music
Enjoy?

I started with your level of knowledge and still have a lot to learn but, you will need an amp to do what you said. The beauty of the sound ordnance is the box and amp are included and self contained. Crutchfied has excellent instructions and it even includes the wiring needed to install. I just had to buy an add a fuse for the remote turn on function that cost $5. So for $155 shipped to your door and about a couple of hours labor, you will have much improved sound.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:57 PM

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Check a local pawn shop for boxes and amps. I was at 2 shops last weekend and they had stacks of amps and boxes and subs - some boxes with subs and amps installed.
$15 and up for boxes, $25 and up for amps, etc.
Look online for styles of small wedge shaped boxes, some sites even show dimensions.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the JL 8" as well,packs a lot of punch for a little box. I also have it amped though.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats I just bought a new 2012. Finished the bpt8 S/O install this morning.

The only thing I did extra was add an LC2i sound module so that I could get a signal boost that was cleaned of factory attenuation (they drop the bass to keep from blosing speakers at high volume)

But nice sound to fill up cabin without rattling windows...

Quick Reply: Sub in screw on back passenger side