Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

sub install advice please

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sub install advice please

ok so i have decided that i am going to be throwing a couple jl w5 12's into my f-150 finally. the only problem is this stupid head unit. how exactly do you hook up this pac aoem frd24 thing people have been mentioning on here. im very interested in using it, just kind of curious on how difficult this will be to get done. and also, does anyone have any advice on a good amp for 2 12's? thanks for the time and advice for everyone who chips in!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by xUSMCxWILSON
ok so i have decided that i am going to be throwing a couple jl w5 12's into my f-150 finally. the only problem is this stupid head unit. how exactly do you hook up this pac aoem frd24 thing people have been mentioning on here. im very interested in using it, just kind of curious on how difficult this will be to get done. and also, does anyone have any advice on a good amp for 2 12's? thanks for the time and advice for everyone who chips in!
The PAC is PNP. Unplug factory connector from HU. Plug in to PAC. Plug other end of PAC to HU. Run RCA cables and remote power on to amp. Hardest part is taking the dash apart which is not difficult. Whole install took maybe 30 minutes. The are posts on how to take dash apart.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 AM

Tallyman. After seeing a lot of your posts. Did you ever power your door speakers?

I have my JL sub running off a LOC, and I'm going to run my Polks through the PAC and my amp.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by cynyc
Tallyman. After seeing a lot of your posts. Did you ever power your door speakers?

I have my JL sub running off a LOC, and I'm going to run my Polks through the PAC and my amp.
Not yet. I am happy as it is. Plenty of power to my door speakers for my old ears. What is really keeping me from doing it is running the speaker wires and tapping the factory wiring or messing with the Molex door connector and run wire to each speaker. I just do not know if I want to put in the effort. Getting lazy in my old age I guess.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tallyman89
Not yet. I am happy as it is. Plenty of power to my door speakers for my old ears. What is really keeping me from doing it is running the speaker wires and tapping the factory wiring or messing with the Molex door connector and run wire to each speaker. I just do not know if I want to put in the effort. Getting lazy in my old age I guess.
Sorry for the thread jack OP.

@Tally. You wouldn't have to run new wires to your doors if you used your PAC for the door-speakers/Amp.

To sum up some of my situation. My installer refused to use the PAC for me. But he did install a LOC for my Sub/Amp, so I have it hooked up that way. Now, he told me that I could use my PAC/Amp to power my door speakers if I wanted to. But he called PAC and they told him it wasn't approved for my 2011.

I'm using it anyway. Just waiting for my wiring kit to arrive. But I'm not running seperate wires to my door speakers.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Need help

I apolgize to the OP for jacking his thread but I can't post a new topic. Been trying all day. My question is this:

I have googled, used eBay, crutchfield and looking for sub enclosures. The thing is I want to keep my factory Sony Sub but can't find a box that will just fit in the two part bench. I am trying to install a kicker 300w, LC4i line out converter along with my two ten inch Alpine E10's. Just can't find a sub box unless I build one. All the ones I've seen are are way to long. Any guidance in the right direction would be a lot of help

Thanks in Advance!!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 239 Likes on 223 Posts

get some plywood, some screws,some glue. a sabre saw,dull paint, and get to work. Put strips of plywood in corners to beef it up for vibration. Add some f sound holes for cool.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by papa tiger
get some plywood, some screws,some glue. a sabre saw,dull paint, and get to work. Put strips of plywood in corners to beef it up for vibration. Add some f sound holes for cool.
Wow we have smart*** doesn't surprise me though how many of you are on here?? I cant believe our military actually fights for people like you...thats whats get me heated. If you couldn't help don't troll on the thread. I'm looking for somewhere to buy one not interested in building one. anyone else have suggestions? Thanks in advance and I'm not interested in building one.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:57 PM

Received 239 Likes on 223 Posts

Sorry, didn't mean to get you going. Just get you started. LOL I know http://du-ha.com offeres back seat under storage containers

Last edited by papa tiger; 02-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by papa tiger
Sorry, didn't mean to get you going. Just get you started. LOL
My bad...it's been just one of those long days. I would build a box but...time constraints with me working full time and the ol lady going to school on nights and the 4 kids. I get very little time to fabricate anything like when I was a young teenager. Would love to rip my truck apart and do some crazy mods to it but I was just going to old lazy man route. At this point I would just rather pay for it then do it myself. Although I am wiring in my amps and LC4I connector this weekend I guess I will have to wait until I find something. I have a box now but it was for my 328xi maybe if I cut it in half and throw some plywood on it that might actually work. Apologize if I bit your head off

Quick Reply: sub install advice please