Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Post Sub Box

Hi,
Im looking to build a sub box for my regular cab f150. If anyone has dimensions for one please post them up with some pics if possible. I am leaning towards a ported box but would love to see what everyone else has. And also, what type of subs did you put in them because i know that it is crucial to get the right airspace for the subs you have. All help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

There is really not a set list of dimension or anything like that. All of that depends on how many subs, what size subs, what type of music you like to determine what type of box, brand of sub and model.

Pick out what sub you want and build around that. Just get out there with a tape measure and a piece of paper and have at it.

I made a ported box for a single 8 and although it was plenty loud, the sloppiness of a ported box just isn't my thing. I am redoing mine with a sealed box and a nice amp rack. If you listen to hip hop or rap then a ported box is the way to go. But I listen to a bit of everything and I just didnt care for the sound quality sitting right behind me. Too much sloppiness for me.

1 - What type of music do you like?

2 - What size of sub/s do you want?

3 - Do you have a brand preference?

4 - Do you have an amp? If so what are the amps specs?

Etc

Last edited by 04DarkShadowGT; 06-08-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishy
Hi,
Im looking to build a sub box for my regular cab f150. If anyone has dimensions for one please post them up with some pics if possible. I am leaning towards a ported box but would love to see what everyone else has. And also, what type of subs did you put in them because i know that it is crucial to get the right airspace for the subs you have. All help is appreciated.

Thanks

This is what mine is like now.
https://www.f150forum.com/members/ca...rd-cab-system/

I think im going to get a custom box like this, but get a ported one, and make it a little bigger.
http://cgi.ebay.com/FORD-F150-12-REG...item483aa63151
(this link has dimensions)

You could always change the size of the cut-out in the back if you need/want less airspace or more room in your truck.
This is a picture of that box on ebay, for once that auction expires, and the item # for when its over.
Item number: 310221615441

Last edited by castaway; 06-09-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:42 PM

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i build these its always different. pretty much like using a lego set. but i get to build the pieces. and porting this will be tricky and dont have the ports hanging out of the box like arms that looks funny
Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 PM

ok. thanks for the tips

Quick Reply: Sub Box