Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 01:25 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Sub Box

Hello all I have a 03 super crew fx4 and im looking for a box to fit 2 of these 10" re subwoofers under my back seat. here's a link with the specifics, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...o-SRX10D4.html I can easily find a dual 10" box that'll fit but it's way to much air space or it's not enough or not deep enough. id like something that's close to the right depth and air space an not far off like the other boxes I have found. do you guys recommend any boxes for these subs? what are you guys experiences with these subs an how do you have them setup in your truck? thanks for any input guys
Old 11-20-2012, 02:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those are decent little subs. the older re audio and us amps products were great until us amps went out of business and re kind of fell down hill. theyre still good little subs though. i just wouldnt recommend going anything over the rms power because those subs are notorious for not lasting long with anything over 300 watts. a solid 500 watt amp would be great. if you could do 2 seperate boxes each about 7 inches tall x 14 wide x 14 that would give you a gross volume of .50 cu ft and after sub displacement it would work great
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM

youre not going to find too many prefab boxes to go under your seat much deeper than that. if you could make a box or know someone that could help you it would be so much better
Old 11-20-2012, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by cmw5e
those are decent little subs. the older re audio and us amps products were great until us amps went out of business and re kind of fell down hill. theyre still good little subs though. i just wouldnt recommend going anything over the rms power because those subs are notorious for not lasting long with anything over 300 watts. a solid 500 watt amp would be great. if you could do 2 seperate boxes each about 7 inches tall x 14 wide x 14 that would give you a gross volume of .50 cu ft and after sub displacement it would work great
im just looking for something to go under my backseat an still have some umph!! I have a 1000 watt crunch an I think that'll work. since its not really pushing that, and I've never heard of any of those negative things about these subs. 7" in the front, 14" wide an 14" deep? what about the back wall something like 3"?

Originally Posted by cmw5e
youre not going to find too many prefab boxes to go under your seat much deeper than that. if you could make a box or know someone that could help you it would be so much better
I've found prefab boxes that are 6 1/4", I would much rather just pay for one instead of build one at the moment. been busy the last few weeks an will be for the next couple of weeks
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 PM

if you can find a prefab to be more convienent for you with the proper mounting depth and airspace that would be okay. and like you said that crunch amp probably isnt putting out the 1000 watts still make sure you keep the gain down. i had one on a 500 watt amp gain minimal and it blew in a short period of time ... just be careful
Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you heard of fox acoustics?? I just installed a single JL 10 w/ Rockford Fosgate amp in my 2012 supercrew fx4 and it sounds dam good.they build boxes for many different makes/models.they do have dual 10 inch boxes that may accommodate your sub choice. the build quality is outstanding.they also have proper air space/recommended built into their boxes.its foxacoustics.com.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sugadog
Have you heard of fox acoustics?? I just installed a single JL 10 w/ Rockford Fosgate amp in my 2012 supercrew fx4 and it sounds dam good.they build boxes for many different makes/models.they do have dual 10 inch boxes that may accommodate your sub choice. the build quality is outstanding.they also have proper air space/recommended built into their boxes.its foxacoustics.com.
yes I have, the "foxbox" is located about an hour from me in Houma. they don't make a box for me year truck. when I looked for a box that is the first place I look an was disappointed when I didn't see any
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Well dang that stinks. keep looking I'm sure you will find something. Good luck to you!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 AM

yeah tell me about it, an thanks bro!

Quick Reply: Sub Box