Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sub advice for new system

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sub advice for new system

any good ideas for a single box sub that fits mostly under the rear passenger side of a 2012 screw - where the Sony subwoofer is now. Box can be a little wider, but would like it to be flush with the front. Will be connected to the 500 watt channel on a jl audio 900/5 amp. Was looking at alpine 10" shallow - or any other recommendations? And to answer - I don't have the skills/ tools to build a box. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:01 AM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by masonsied
any good ideas for a single box sub that fits mostly under the rear passenger side of a 2012 screw - where the Sony subwoofer is now. Box can be a little wider, but would like it to be flush with the front. Will be connected to the 500 watt channel on a jl audio 900/5 amp. Was looking at alpine 10" shallow - or any other recommendations? And to answer - I don't have the skills/ tools to build a box. Thanks.
I don't own a 2012 but I would not go with Alpine.. Plenty other subs that will give you more bag for your buck such as RE Audio(I have these), DC SoundLab, Sundown... That alpine just cost to much with so so performance... My cousin has two 12's and I wasn't impressed...
Old 02-19-2012, 11:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

check out Atrend usa they have a a few boxes that would fit.

http://http://www.atrendusa.com/atrend/vehicle-specific-bedliner/ford?page=shop.browse&category_id=25

Last edited by sporttruckin; 02-19-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: url did not show up
Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry here is the link

http://www.atrendusa.com/atrend/vehi...category_id=25
Old 02-19-2012, 11:55 AM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

This may not be what many will tell you, but I would consider going to a few local Car Stereo shops, and asking about a custom box. I have an '11 Supercrew that I'll most likely be doing my build on this summer, and a good deal of that will be done by a guy I've been using for 20 years. He does fantastic work, and never breaks my bank account. I've built my own boxes in the past as well, but get far too much value for my money at his shop.
Just consider it as a viable option- especially since you want a single 10 where the factory box is. Almost all pre-built boxes are for dual 10's across the left side.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I swear by the Pioneer ibFlats....best bang for the dollar in a shallow mount.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimaa66
This may not be what many will tell you, but I would consider going to a few local Car Stereo shops, and asking about a custom box. I have an '11 Supercrew that I'll most likely be doing my build on this summer, and a good deal of that will be done by a guy I've been using for 20 years. He does fantastic work, and never breaks my bank account. I've built my own boxes in the past as well, but get far too much value for my money at his shop.
Just consider it as a viable option- especially since you want a single 10 where the factory box is. Almost all pre-built boxes are for dual 10's across the left side.
I second that... A custom box would work better I think...

Originally Posted by JoeBoost
I swear by the Pioneer ibFlats....best bang for the dollar in a shallow mount.
I used to swear by pioneer also till I found out I could get a full size sub under my seat....
Old 02-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

I wastrolling around the web a bit, and found these guys. I have read decent things about their boxes, and they will work with you on the size you want to use:

http://www.supercrewsound.com/09F150Screwsingle.html

You could then fit it with a 10" Rex Series From RE Audio (ask KingRanch4Life how he likes his...), and I think you would be off to the races. It only has a 5"mounting depth, and would more than likely suit nearly any application (unless you plan on using a fair bit more power, then King's SRX would work) ...

Last edited by Jimaa66; 02-19-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:52 AM

Thanks guys for all of the suggestions. I will check out the boxes and other brands you recommend. I am it familiar with them.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:48 AM

Have been looking at a single box from supercrewsound as recommended. You guys have any thoughts on the image dynamics id10 sub compared to the sundown audio sa-2 10"? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Sub advice for new system