Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Stupid audio question!

Old 04-24-2014, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stupid audio question!

Hello,

I am not all that knowledgeable when it comes to car stereos and I have a question that will probably seem stupid to most of you but... On an aftermarket head unit that has RCA line out jacks on the back can you hook up 6 x 9 speakers directly to the line out jacks without an amplifier?

Thank you
Old 04-24-2014, 05:14 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakell
Hello,

I am not all that knowledgeable when it comes to car stereos and I have a question that will probably seem stupid to most of you but... On an aftermarket head unit that has RCA line out jacks on the back can you hook up 6 x 9 speakers directly to the line out jacks without an amplifier?

Thank you
No you cannot. They are low voltage outputs meant to supply an amplifier.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakell
Hello,

Thank you
You should have a wiring harness to connect directly to your speakers.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly upgrading your speakers is a good idea and you will notice a difference without an amplifier but if you're going to spend the money on speakers it's better to get an amplifier. When you do that you WILL notice a huge difference.

I got myself some Alpine SPR-68 speakers and had them in without an amp. I noticed a small difference in bass response but nothing major. I amplified them using a Alpine PDX-F4 and it was complete night and day, I was blown away.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:45 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Syphlyn
Honestly upgrading your speakers is a good idea and you will notice a difference without an amplifier but if you're going to spend the money on speakers it's better to get an amplifier. When you do that you WILL notice a huge difference.

I got myself some Alpine SPR-68 speakers and had them in without an amp. I noticed a small difference in bass response but nothing major. I amplified them using a Alpine PDX-F4 and it was complete night and day, I was blown away.
I have a question that maybe you can answer. I see a lot of people saying they are "blown away" Where do you go and how do you get back?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
I have a question that maybe you can answer. I see a lot of people saying they are "blown away" Where do you go and how do you get back?
I'm not sure but I know whenever I sit in a friends vehicle with a stock setup I cringe and wish I could drive my own vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stupid audio question!