Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Storage or Sub box?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Storage or Sub box?

I bought a 2011 s-crew last week. I have some 8" subs that I used in my previous vehicle and am looking for a good place for them in the new truck. They are in a box that would fit under the seat, but I do not want to lose the storage space in the floor. Would it be possible to use the storage under the seat that contains the jack as a sub box? If you remove the tire changing kit, I don't see why you couldn't fab a top to cover the enclosure that the speakers would fit in. Any thoughts guys?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Jordan

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

It'd be better to keep them in their box
Ideally you would want a perfectly sealed box, (or ported) and sized perfectly for the sub. A weak sub in the perfect box will sound better than a powerful one in a walmart box...unless it doesnt matter to you, its probably fine. Just my $0.02
Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The boxes that they are in now have port tubes in them. They pretty much look like paper towel rolls that are made into the box. The boxes aren't airtight, so this is why I was wondering if this suggestion above would work. The airspace being perfectly made for the box makes sense though. I guess this would be the issue with using the storage box as a sub box. Thanks for the reply and info.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Jordan

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

You're welcome. if you can fit the Eights+boxes in the storage bucket, that would work
dont forget a place to mount the amplifier also. with some clearance for air circulation. Any more questions just ask.

Quick Reply: Storage or Sub box?