Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Stereo turn on pop-accessory only

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stereo turn on pop-accessory only

I recently traded in my 92 f150 for a used 2011 f150 screw with low miles. Nice truck!! The previous owner installed an Advent OFO1501 hu. First I replaced the door speakers-db 6501 in front, db 571 in back. Sounded better. Next I installed a Rockford Fosgate R600x5 for more power. Sounded good, but needed more low end. So, I ordered an SI BM MKIV & built a box based on Stormsearch's plans. When I first fired it up I got goosebumps. Dang, it sounded great!
My only issue is that when I turn the key to accessory there is a loud pop, but when I start the truck there is no pop at all. Power wire & remote wire routed down passenger sill. Remote wire tapped into fuse 38 with a mini low profile add a fuse. Rca's & speaker wires ran down driver side sill.
Does anyone have any ideas how to remedy the accessory turn on pop?
Old 11-24-2014, 05:40 PM

Default Help please!

Just looking for some help. I know I'm new here, but I know there is a lot of experience out there and someone else has been through this before, so if you have any ideas please share.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:38 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.metraonline.com/part/AFDI-5V this will solve your issue
Old 11-25-2014, 10:51 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Weatherman71
http://www.metraonline.com/part/AFDI-5V this will solve your issue
You can try this but not sure it will work. This is used for Ford factory subs. Is there not a blue wire on the back of the HU for amp turn on?

Last edited by Wyo11Scab; 11-25-2014 at 10:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
boxhead (11-28-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You can try this but not sure it will work. This is used for Ford factory subs. Is there not a blue wire on the back of the HU for amp turn on?
^ this. I have the Advent. It has been a couple of years since I installed it but I am pretty sure there is a trigger wire on the HU. No need to tap the fuse.
The following users liked this post:
boxhead (11-28-2014)
Old 11-28-2014, 11:24 AM

Finally found the wiring diagram online for the Advent OFO1501 HU, & it shows a blue/white amp turn on wire in it's harness. Will have to pull the HU to find out for sure. If so, I will give it a try. Thanks for the input.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:28 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by boxhead
Finally found the wiring diagram online for the Advent OFO1501 HU, & it shows a blue/white amp turn on wire in it's harness. Will have to pull the HU to find out for sure. If so, I will give it a try. Thanks for the input.
That would be the one!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:58 PM

Default no amp turn on lead

Well, I went & pulled the HU & it doesn't have an amp turn on lead. Go figure! The thing has rca outs so you figure it would have one. There is a red lead labeled ignition sw+ coming out of the radio harness that the reverse camera is hooked to, but I don't know if this will also work as an amp turn on lead & if it stays on until the door is opened. Guess I'll just have to try & see.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:50 PM

Default Didn't help

Well, I went & tried hooking the amp turn on lead to the red switched ignition wire coming out of the radio harness & it didn't solve the accessory turn on pop. So I switched the lead back to the add a fuse in the fuse box. I don't understand why it doesn't pop when I turn the truck on, only when I turn the key to accessory & after I put the key in & turn it on after remote starting does it pop. I'm puzzled! I hate to, but I'm thinking I may have to install a switch in the amp turn on lead. Hopefully someone has a better idea.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:14 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Maybe adding a stiffener cap would help? Seems to me your getting a surge of current causing the "pop" the cap would absorb that.

Quick Reply: Stereo turn on pop-accessory only