Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Stereo Shipment on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 01:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stereo Shipment on the way!

Ok I've had on 05 FX4 Screw for a few years now ( just paid her off in the spring ) with a few mods: K&N Cold Air Intake, Flow-master Duals, 18" Addicts w/ BFG's & Leveled, few other bolt ons..

After procrastinating I am pulling the trigger this week on the stereo upgrade. It's all factory right now so here's what just bought:
-Kenwood DDX470 Double Din (love my iphone & want to use it alot)
-Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 6 x 8-Inch Full- Range Coaxial Speakers (4 for the doors)
-Kenwood 600w amp for the 6x8's (from older system I had)

Now I have 2 kids in car seats in the back but when I'm alone it would be nice to have a little bump not like back in the day when I was running 2 12" subs in a huge box in the back of the old Bronco but somehting to know its there. I have seen toms of options for under the rear seats on ebay & Amazon from Q-Logic boxes to homemade jobbers made out of MDF. I would like one 10" sub downfiring so as not kill my cargo space but to get some bass. Doing the install alone so even considered one of the powered subs by Kenwood, Kicker & Infinity. Anyone have those????

Anyone have any suggestions or advice on my approach so far?
Wife gave me some "me time" for Fathers Day to work on it.
Thanks!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a powered Kicker sub in my Girlfriends Focus, and even in the trunk it works pretty damn well, its not going to rip a vehicle apart but it REALLY helps the factory stereo in her car.

Quick Reply: Stereo Shipment on the way!