Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Stereo help

Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo help

Just got a kicker cvt 10 inch. 4 ohm shallow mount installed with an alpine mrp 500 pushing it. I have a ported enclosure. There is 400 rms running to it but it really doesn't hit hard. I heard the same sub and amp in another truck and it was louder than mine. Any suggestion on what could be the issue. I also have an aftermarket deck
Old 04-09-2013, 11:21 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by maduncan1982
Just got a kicker cvt 10 inch. 4 ohm shallow mount installed with an alpine mrp 500 pushing it. I have a ported enclosure. There is 400 rms running to it but it really doesn't hit hard. I heard the same sub and amp in another truck and it was louder than mine. Any suggestion on what could be the issue. I also have an aftermarket deck
Could be the way the HU and sub amp are setup and the output voltage of the sub out on the HU. Also what box the other guy has.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:38 AM

Hay guys I'm new on hear and have a question or two. I have a fordf150 I got used it has a nave but I don't want it what do I need to do to get the a stock radio in it. Any help would be great.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 AM
USN Retired 1992-2012

Received 243 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Randal-J
Hay guys I'm new on hear and have a question or two. I have a fordf150 I got used it has a nave but I don't want it what do I need to do to get the a stock radio in it. Any help would be great.
Don't hijack the OP thread. You'll have better luck making your own. Welcome, it is "here" not "hear" by the way.

To the OP. I use two of those with a 700 watt Rockford fosgate. I really did not think one would be enough. Have you adjusted the gain etc?

Richard

Last edited by mrgooden; 04-13-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:34 PM

Thanks Richard.
But if your not going to answer my question than don't tell me how to spell. And I didn't hijack the thread op it was given to me k.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

make sure you have sub wired right for the amp ? 4 ohm to amp might not be the max power it puts out maybe at a lower ohm
Old 04-27-2013, 02:33 AM

Check out your amp wiring and see if your RCA outputs from the hu are hooked up for the low pass. Use this great website right here to see if you're hooking up the sub to the amp correctly
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/wo...nsm.asp#_index

Website is all around great for any type of vehicle wiring stuff
Old 04-27-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

whoa.....you folks ever heard of Theil-Small parameters???? Your subwoofer should have a bunch of funny looking specifications that came with it....? Look for stuff like Vas=?, and Qms=, Qes=, Xmax=, Fs=, Fr=, ......

Take these values and use a theil-small calculator and determine what size box was your speaker DESIGNED to work BEST in. Just any 'ol box will most likely make your sub sound like krap. The calculator will tell you what the internal volume of the box needs to be in order to make it sound the best.

Dude, it's like getting a brand new set of 13" chrome wheels for your 4x4 truck. Yes, it will fit. Yes, it will get you home. But, it will make your speedometer read wrong and you will look rather silly (this just an opinion for the sake of argument...please don't flame).

Once the speaker is in a box that it was designed to operate best in, then mess around with the cross-over frequency and impedance matching with the amplifier.

Please note: "BEST" is a matter of opinion here. The speaker and box combination can be designed for some serious slam or lowest frequency or flattest overall response. This is done by modifying the Theil-Small parameters that you have control over....like box volume, port diameter and length, and even multi-chamber boxes (like the killer 4th order bandbass box for the Orion XTR DVC 15"- old school, but seriously effective).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stereo help