Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

stereo guys. will this equipment work well together??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 03:36 PM

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Default stereo guys. will this equipment work well together??

i want to upgrade the stereo in my 07 supercrew and i have no clue about car audio. ive been doing some google'ing on the subject and dont want anything crazy. its got the factory audiophile system.

i want to keep the factory navigation HU. and move the sub to the passenger side rear seat..

What ive looked at so far is:

JL w3v3 8" - 4ohm, optimal rms - approx 200w.

to power this sub i was looking at the JL XD300/1 @4ohm for 200w RMS output

for door speakers i was going to run the Polk audio dxi570 @4ohm powered by the JL xd 400/4 @4ohm

Does this sound like a decent setup? What else will i need to complete this and work with the factoy HU??
Old 10-27-2011, 03:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds good to me. Don't forget to get a Line Out Converter if you plan to keep your factory HU, unless your NAV unit already has RCA outputs, but it sounds like you will need 3 pairs of RCA outputs regardless. Matter of fact your factory set up might already have 2 pair for the doors, and a pair for a sub, but I'm not optimistic.

Don't forget to leave room in your budget for amplifier wiring kits, and a distribution block, etc. Remember your car stereo will only sound as good as your weakest accessory.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Bam!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:11 PM

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

nice! thanks!

so i just plug that into the factory HU harness? it does not have rca's coming from the back currently, but i think there are rcas for the rear sub already.

also, are you speaking of a power distribution block?

Last edited by schissler; 10-27-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

04-08 speakers were not amplified only the subwoofer with the audiophile system came amplified from the factory. You will need three different sets of outputs for the four speakers and subs you wish to run. I believe it just plugs into the factory harness and then plugs into the back of the headunit perfectly, but I've personally never worked with one... yet haha. Also yes you will have to run a distribution setup otherwise you will have to run two lines for each amplifier, but personally running one large wire and splitting it off just makes it more simple in my opinion. You can use the same remote wire and just splice an extra piece for the second turn on, and the RCA's have already been discussed. Also with the ground if you have extra cable you may use just two cables and ground to the same spot or for a more clean setup use a distribution setup with the ground as well creating easier to find ground loops if any exist. However with your setup I would also recommend a LOC for the subwoofer, and the special PAC plug for the speakers, and to make your life easier run 9 conductor speed wire for the 4 channel amplifier. Remember though with the LOC don't go cheap otherwise you will lose a lot of sound quality because not every module is built to take high level inputs such as speakers and turn them into low level inputs like RCAs.

Last edited by BolletuH; 10-27-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: stereo guys. will this equipment work well together??