Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

The start of my new system and a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:43 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default The start of my new system and a question

keep in mind that it has been a while for me picking out and installing a system.

Here is the beginnings of my new system...
Stock head unit in 2010 XLT
Infinity Kappa 680.9CS in front (tweeters mounted on sail in swivel mount)
Infinity Kappa 682.9CF in rear
The speakers are installed and bring to stock radio to life before adding power but for good measure I am going to install an Infinity Kappa four amp this up coming weekend. I still need to pick up the Metra harness, line out converter, speaker wire, and power cables.

now onto the questions
1.) If I plan on installing a mono amp and 10" sub in the future is 8 gauge enough to power 2 amps?
2.)The Kappa four doesn't have RCA outs, can I just split one set of RCA cables to the rear channel and mono amp? Should I buy a mono amp that has RCA outs and run to the mono amp and then onto the Kappa Four?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:58 AM
09 FX4

Received 179 Likes on 89 Posts

1 - 8 AWG will be light for most 2 amp systems, it really depends on the amps and your gain settings and the voltage drop are willing to live with. Me - run 4 AWG.

2 - Your line out converter will have RCA outputs. Some of them will have RCA outs for the front/rear speakers and RCA outs for the subwoofer. If not, then run the front RCA output to your speaker amp, and then the rears to your sub amp.

You'll find there are a lot of ways to wire up a system - it all depends on what you want out of it, how much to spend and willingness to customize.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Finished wiring up my amp this weekend for my door speakers. I have never powered my door/deck speakers off and amp before, what was I thinking? 125 watts into 4 door speakers really SCREAMS!!!
I ended up using Kickers ZCK44 amp wire kit, the Metra BT-5520 harness, and Peripheral (PAC) ISVE61 Line out converter. I know there are better door speakers on the market then the Kappas, but for the price these rock. Even though it was 50 degrees today I felt the need to roll down the windows at highway speed. I could actually hear my music, not a muddy muffled mess like the stock system.
Maybe after the holidays I can finish up my system by adding a Alpine Type S woofer and a mono amp. I can't wait to finish this thing out.

Quick Reply: The start of my new system and a question