Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Speakers All The Way Around

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:56 AM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Speakers All The Way Around

It came out in reverse but oh well, First pic shows that there is no mounting problems when putting the factory grill back on the door.
Kenwood 5x7 and tweeters. I like the 5x7, they have a carbon fiber cone, atleast it looks like carbon fiber anyway. Pretty neat for something that someone will never see. Almost made me not want to put the cover back on. I had to use a dremmel and make the factory tweeter hole larger but besides that no problem.Also soldered the factore clips in so that I can plug and play and didnt cut into the factory wiring harness

Here are some other pics I just took just for grins the other day.
I hate how pics dont do hills any justice lol

If the pics dont show up for somereason their also posted in my album
Old 12-16-2008, 02:48 PM
American Muscle

Oh, next up is a 10 inch sub
Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. What are running for a h/u? Are you running all those off the h/u?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:16 AM
American Muscle

Stock head unit as of right now, i cant crank it up all the way cause its already too loud which impressed me. However, I have a P780DMP Premier sitting here waiting to be put in
. Its an awesome H/U, had it in my old truck, just dont want to tear the dash out just yet.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dplummer87
Oh, next up is a 10 inch sub

brand? model? amp to follow? box, pre fab? etc
Old 12-17-2008, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by dplummer87
Stock head unit as of right now, i cant crank it up all the way cause its already too loud which impressed me. However, I have a P780DMP Premier sitting here waiting to be put in
. Its an awesome H/U, had it in my old truck, just dont want to tear the dash out just yet.
How do you have the front speakers (5x7 coax & upper tweeter) wired?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:58 AM
American Muscle

Originally Posted by loganberry
brand? model? amp to follow? box, pre fab? etc
My cousin has a shallow kenwood excelon with a custom ported box for the new supercrews, I really like the way it sounds. I have a Rockford Fosgate P3001 Amp but its a little big and too much power for that one sub, so im still looking into something that will be easier to mount somewhere and not worry about frying any subs.

Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
How do you have the front speakers (5x7 coax & upper tweeter) wired?
i took the factory clips off the stock speakers and soldered the new speaker wires to them. I then simply plugged the speaker wires in and clipped the clip back into the factory wiring harness. For the tweeters, I simply soldered them together with the factory clips when I did the 5x7 wires so that their in their nice and tight and I didnt have to splice into anything. I then used a basic female-male clips on each end of the wire so my whole installation was really plug and play when I took it out to my truck. Total install time for all 4 doors plus tweeters, 1 1/2 hours. That included putting everything back. I knew what I was doing, if you do not, add another hour probably. The nice thing is most of the work is done inside on the kitchen table

If you want more detailed instructions I'd be happy to do so. The above is really dry. Hope you get the idea though.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 PM

The reason why I'm asking is that both the 5x7 & tweeter (front door only) are 4 ohm each. So if you wired the upper tweeter and the 5x7 together on one channel. It will put a lower ohm load on the h/u. Head unit's should only do 4 ohm, so you might have troubles in the long run. You could run 'em off an amp and it will be no problem. Just a suggestion.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
The reason why I'm asking is that both the 5x7 & tweeter (front door only) are 4 ohm each. So if you wired the upper tweeter and the 5x7 together on one channel. It will put a lower ohm load on the h/u. Head unit's should only do 4 ohm, so you might have troubles in the long run. You could run 'em off an amp and it will be no problem. Just a suggestion.

its no issue, the tweeters come with crossovers because they will not survive taking lpf frequencies as where mids will

be carefull with those kenwood shallow subs, they dont like too much power, hell they dont even like rated power that much
Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 PM
American Muscle

Originally Posted by loganberry
its no issue, the tweeters come with crossovers because they will not survive taking lpf frequencies as where mids will

be carefull with those kenwood shallow subs, they dont like too much power, hell they dont even like rated power that much

Yeah i figured I would have no problem with the stock H/U because of the Crossovers.
Yeah, his is pretty loud but I think he may have to much power pushing it. It sounds pretty bad in my opinion. Im sure he just has his gain settings messed up but he says its good and wont let me adjust them oh well. When he blows it ill but the box from him

Quick Reply: Speakers All The Way Around