Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Speaker Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Speaker Suggestions

Ok, I know this has probably been beat to death, but we all know how well the search function works (it sucks). So I am asking for suggestions on what speakers to put in my rear doors. I put CDT audio speakers in my front doors and I can't say that I am very impressed. I had always had pioneers before and really liked them, but though maybe you fellas has something other to suggest. I don't want to spend over $200.00 though on them. Kind of looking into getting these Alpine SPR-57c??

Last edited by boilerup15; 05-03-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:29 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

How are you set up now, aftermarket head? amped?

If you're disappointed with your front components I'd replace those before dropping $200 on the rear doors. You could sell the CDTs or just run the mids bandpassed for rear fill.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Did a little thread stalking.

Looks like your running the CDTs off of the head. Are they high passed? What aren't you liking about the sound?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by GATORB8
Did a little thread stalking.

Looks like your running the CDTs off of the head. Are they high passed? What aren't you liking about the sound?
Yeah im just running the CDTs off the head, I dont really know what you mean by high passed? The sound is decent they just don't seem to pack much of a punch.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 AM

High pass crossover (remove the sub range), just like your subs should be low passed. It removes the frequencies that the mid isn't good at playing.

Have you considered putting an inexpensive 2 channel amp on the fronts, your head unit may be distorting before you're able to get the sound you want from the comps.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by GATORB8
High pass crossover (remove the sub range), just like your subs should be low passed. It removes the frequencies that the mid isn't good at playing.

Have you considered putting an inexpensive 2 channel amp on the fronts, your head unit may be distorting before you're able to get the sound you want from the comps.
I have thought about it, but I don't know what a good amp would be, plus im not sure how to wire in another amp...kinda a noobie when it comes to good audio.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Which CDT set do you have, what sub amp, and what gauge amp power wire?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boilerup15
Ok, I know this has probably been beat to death, but we all know how well the search function works (it sucks). So I am asking for suggestions on what speakers to put in my rear doors. I put CDT audio speakers in my front doors and I can't say that I am very impressed. I had always had pioneers before and really liked them, but though maybe you fellas has something other to suggest. I don't want to spend over $200.00 though on them. Kind of looking into getting these Alpine SPR-57c??
I'd be glad to get some information on speakers to put in the doors, too. In my old pickup I had pioneers and infinitys and was impressed with them, even just run off of the head unit. If I had to make a blind reccomendation as to good speakers, I would tell you do get some JBLs. Crutchfield reccomended them for my sister and let me tell you, once I got them installed, I was surprised how much those things bump.

What do you guys know about the stock Subwoofer and amp system that comes with the premium sound package? Is it crappy? Looked to me like a cheap way to get an amplified sub under my seat.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by jdawg660
What do you guys know about the stock Subwoofer and amp system that comes with the premium sound package? Is it crappy? Looked to me like a cheap way to get an amplified sub under my seat.
It's a 2 ohm DVC 8" sub in a sealed enclosure. The attached amp runs around 70W RMS from what I've heard, catch is, you're going to have to get a low passed, RCA level signal to it (most people switch to the stock audiophile head unit). If you don't have the audiophile system, a better OEM upgrade would be the Saleen/Rockford Fosgate 10" setup from the S331 that can be added with a T harness to the regular system, they can be tough to find, but I've seen them down in the $200 range.

In all reality, cost wise, you'll probably do better going aftermarket.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking for punch under 200 I know where you can some kickers or the kenwoods that will fit I've used both and loved em

Quick Reply: Speaker Suggestions