Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Speaker reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Speaker reccomendations

Im looking for a set of 4 speakers im looking for a pioneer really. I want to know what the best speakers for bass are besides a subwoofer. the best quality any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2015, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is really a loaded question. I say that because everyone's ears are different. Something that sounds perfect to me may sound tinny or too much bass to you. There are several good manufacturers of quality speakers, but there it comes down to your price point as well.

You mention Pioneer. Their regular line is a good all around mid to low level speaker. Their Elite line is top notch quality. Kicker and Rockford Fosgate make some excellent speakers if you are into a little more bass/rock type music. Clarion, MB Quart, and Polk are slightly higher end and, especially the MB Quart's, are more on the brighter side of sound. Really good for times when you want a lot of clarity. (Classical, Spoken word, older Country).

I'm in the market myself, but I haven't listened to any that will fit in my truck yet so I'll hold off on judgement. My point is, listen to as many as you can using the music that you like to listen to. Don't let the salesman try to sell you what he wants you to have. If you go to an audio shop, see if you can hear the speakers inside a vehicle similar to your own. Usually they are working on a number of cars/trucks and this isn't a problem for them.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Also, if you are adding an amp, get one that matches the power of your speakers (i.e. 100w vs 100w). But, only turn the gain up to about 75%. Yes you lose a little off of the power, but it almost all cases, you won't be overdriving your amp and it won't overheat as well. It gives a little head room for everything to work without distortion or excess heat.

Last edited by Shadd1976; 10-15-2015 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Adding more detail.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:38 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I've been happy with my Alpine SPR-60C's. Which I also happen to be selling two pairs of, ended up with extras after stocking out my Mazdaspeed3.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:27 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Hit up some local carshows. It's the time of the year for regional audio orginization world finals. I would definitely look for some of the guys that are more into Sound Quality than the SPL guys. But, do take a gander at the daily driver guys that run more simple setups.

If you are staying on a smaller budget, the midrange Alpines, Pioneer, Fosgate, Kicker, MB Quart, JBL(one of my favorites), and Polk do great on lower power. 100w x 4 channels is a really balanced amount of power to run to your doors aswell. Most decently priced 100w x 4 amps are around $200. You could stick to a $500 or $600 budget and have most everything you want, if you already have an aftermarket head unit.

But, if you want to get a little deeper into your pocket book, sound deadening is a must.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:15 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

What year, and cab size truck? What's your Budget? These are 2 important questions!
Old 10-18-2015, 01:06 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I am using the pioneer ts-d6802r. before them, i was using alpine type s components before, but the coaxial pioneers actually sound better. I do have a 4 channel amp pushing them.

Quick Reply: Speaker reccomendations