speaker cutting, but it's not speaker.... - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



speaker cutting, but it's not speaker....

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Eat. Sleep. Lift.
Thread Starter
 
amick218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 8,197
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Default speaker cutting, but it's not speaker....

Ok, I have an 05 regular cab, it has those small half doors. My driver side rear half door component is cutting in and out. It sounds like a blown speaker but I switched speakers with the front and it works fine.

Not sure what to do, I checked all the wires on the amp, everything is still connected. Could it be the factory wiring? Could it be the amp has a broken channel now?
amick218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 3,016
Thanked 275 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amick218 View Post
Ok, I have an 05 regular cab, it has those small half doors. My driver side rear half door component is cutting in and out. It sounds like a blown speaker but I switched speakers with the front and it works fine.

Not sure what to do, I checked all the wires on the amp, everything is still connected. Could it be the factory wiring? Could it be the amp has a broken channel now?
Elimination is the key. You already eliminated the speaker. So it is either the wire or the amp. Switch wires on your amp to see if it does it. If not then it is the factory wiring.
Wyo11Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,227
Thanked 164 Times in 132 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab View Post

Elimination is the key. You already eliminated the speaker. So it is either the wire or the amp. Switch wires on your amp to see if it does it. If not then it is the factory wiring.
Switch your left and right channels at the amp. If the problem moves its either the amp or something upstream. If it doesn't move its a wiring problem
king nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
Eat. Sleep. Lift.
Thread Starter
 
amick218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 8,197
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Thanks guys. I'll switch wires at the amp when I get home and see what happens... If it's the factory wiring...is that a job for a professional?
amick218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,227
Thanked 164 Times in 132 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amick218 View Post
Thanks guys. I'll switch wires at the amp when I get home and see what happens... If it's the factory wiring...is that a job for a professional?
If you don't have Molex connectors for the door wiring I would bypass the factory wiring and run new
king nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need some help/advice from the experienced people here... Lariat725 Stereo/Audio 22 10-19-2015 09:52 AM
FS- Auto Spring 2014-15, 2" front level kit Drago77 2015 - Present Part Sales 3 10-02-2015 12:46 PM
Southeast: FS- Auto Spring 2014-15, 2" front level kit Drago77 2009 - 2014 Part Sales 3 10-02-2015 12:41 PM
Platinum CB Install Knoxinator 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 19 09-29-2015 08:44 AM
Installed a Kicker VSS system in my 96' Ranger Rogel Ford Stereo/Audio 0 09-07-2015 12:17 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com