Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sound System Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound System Help

I recently bought a 2005 F-150 Crew Cab and I'm looking to add a nice sound system that will sound really good inside the truck without being absolutely ridiculous on the outside. Not looking for anything too fancy, but I would like just enough bass to where you can tell it's not factory speakers.

I've already purchased and installed a Kenwood Double Din Touch Screen Head Unit which I really like. After I got that, I had thought I had come up with the solution to wanting more bass by buying one pair of Pioneer A-Series Speakers to go in the front door panels. I installed those last night just in the front thinking that if I like them, I'd buy for the back and do the same thing. Audio sounds great and clear, but still doesn't have the bass I'm looking for. Couldn't tell that much a different from factory speakers to be honest with you.

Thus, my problem. I now have a nice head unit and front speakers, but I'm still not satisfied. Help this newbie out and let me know what I need. Not looking to spend a lot, but still looking for a little bit more bass. Is it necessary for me to get an amp? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Add a small sub amp and a subwoofer under the rear seat if you can afford to loose a little space...

Quick Reply: Sound System Help