Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sound Processor vs. Aftermarket Deck

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Sound Processor vs. Aftermarket Deck

im getting ready to have some audio equipment installed in my '10 F150 w/ Sync. i have mb quart door speakers, eclipse amp for mids/highs, mtx amp for subs, and 2 12" SI mkiii's.

the main issue i want to take care of is the deck. right now im wanting to keep my oem deck so i can still have sync and use all the steering wheel controls (ive seen that with aftermarket decks and harnesses, you still lose some steering wheel control functions).

i purchased a Maxxsonics Mx-1 and i just want to make sure that it will do everything needed to take care of the problems with the oem deck? would an aftermarket deck still be better or will the mx-1 make up for that difference? appreciate the help.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Audio Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an aftermarket deck will help your sound a lot. the factory deck just doesnt put out a good signal for when you amplify it. sound processors help but a good aftermarket deck is the best way for quality.

and as for your contorls on your steering wheel they make devices that will keep those controls working with your after market deck. and yes it should work for all your controlls i believe.

Quick Reply: Sound Processor vs. Aftermarket Deck