Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sound processor or new headunit

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sound processor or new headunit

I have a dilemma...ok so I have two amps installed with the PAC oem unit with a jl 10 and a pair of image dynamics ctx65cs comps but I notice the bass roll off and I would like to tune the signal more to get the sound to the way I like it either way I am not going to compete just wanna get the most out of my system budget wise not looking to spend 1000$ which leads me to the question would a clean sweep or lc7i work better? Or just get a new head unit as I don't have nav nor really want it but having a decent head unit with some equing abilities and clean signal so which is the easiest and cost effective way to handle this as the stock signal produces some crazy highs and the bass roll of sucks. I do wanna keep my Bluetooth and sync too.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 PM

Also anyone using a single din as double dins are quite a bit behind the single in the tuning department
Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfx
I have a dilemma...ok so I have two amps installed with the PAC oem unit with a jl 10 and a pair of image dynamics ctx65cs comps but I notice the bass roll off and I would like to tune the signal more to get the sound to the way I like it either way I am not going to compete just wanna get the most out of my system budget wise not looking to spend 1000$ which leads me to the question would a clean sweep or lc7i work better? Or just get a new head unit as I don't have nav nor really want it but having a decent head unit with some equing abilities and clean signal so which is the easiest and cost effective way to handle this as the stock signal produces some crazy highs and the bass roll of sucks. I do wanna keep my Bluetooth and sync too.
I would get a new HU. You can get a nice one for around $300. You can get a cable that will allow you to keep the factory SYNC.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
I would get a new HU. You can get a nice one for around $300. You can get a cable that will allow you to keep the factory SYNC.
Any suggestions
Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM

This is the one I have.
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Ford Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest a new HU as well. I am building my system little by little and wanted to keep the factory HU but the more I use it the less I like and want to change to an aftermarket
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You say this h.u will allow you to use the factory sync? what about the steering wheel controls?2012 f150
Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by rsgonzales
You say this h.u will allow you to use the factory sync? what about the steering wheel controls?2012 f150
With the correct cables it will.
Sync requires this
Amazon Amazon
Steer Wheel Controls require this
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 AM

Decided and ordered the pioneer 80prs it's a headunit/halfway decent signal processor capable of running an active 3 way if I wanted to..it's a single din so we will see how it looks. I also ordered the PAC sync retention harness and the swi to keep steering wheel controls. I will start a new thread and post picks
Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 PM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

I just installed a system in my truck, that used good quality speakers and amplification- and kept the factory Navigation unit. The sound is no where near as good as it was with my last truck, that utilized an Excelon head unit from Kenwood. I kept the Nav (and its amplification) for sound of the top end, and it simply cannot hold up. Once you start to get into the volume, you shake your head and back it off. A huge mistake, as I know quality sound. This may be ok for some, but is no where near where I want to be.
I am 90% sure I will be replacing the factory Nav with a new Nav based Excelon in the spring.

Quick Reply: Sound processor or new headunit