Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sound Ordnance B-8PT's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:48 AM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Sound Ordnance B-8PT's?

I am looking for a little more bass! Has anyone heard one of these Sound Ordnance B-8PT's? I am thinking about gettin one for my truck. I have a 2011 Screw FX4 Eco with the Luxury package but NO sony sound system. I don't want anything huge under my back seat because my back seat is always flipped up for my to Labrador Retrievers that ride with me.

Also,
I am going to be replacing all my speakers in my doors. I have always had Pioneer 3-ways and really liked them. Now I am by no means an audio expert, I just like my music to sound good. I am currently looking at the Polk DXi570s, any comments? or other recommendations I should take a look at?

Thanks,
Mudweiser
Old 03-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

There are posts on here about that sub. Seem most like it. You will probably get a dozen different speaker recommendations. I have Polks (mm6501 and db571) and really like them.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:35 AM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I just installed the B-8pt in my Screw a few days ago. For the setup you are seeking, it will definitely do the trick. It fills the lower end nicely. You can adjust it to hit hard too since you are sticking with your stock HU. Your stock HU and new speakers will break up before the sub will.

I am running an aftermarket Pioneer AVH Series HU with Rockford Fosgate 6" x 8" Prime speakers in the doors and the combination is perfect. Crystal clear, music has never sounded so good and the volume is really impressive. Proper tuning and using frequency bypass was the key.

If you do a search on this forum, you will see that a few other people have installed them, one member even installed two. You will also see that they do fit behind the seats. A bit tight and some even cut the back covering but it will fit. For me, I just placed it in the center under the back seat, the space lost is minimal and the install was easy.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:05 PM

How do I remove the back seat of my screw to get to the space behind it? Also I have looked at some other speakers and ken wood makes some plate speakers the KFC-P680C, I am considering installing these in the back seat and doing without the sub for a little while.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I installed two of the B-8PTs. It's a major upgrade over the stock sub. The first thing you need to think about is what sort of bass your looking for. If you like it over the top, truck shaking, look elsewhere. By getting two of these I spent $400, and of course I could have gone with an underseat box, two tens, and an amp for about that same money. But I want the cleanest look possible which meant nothing under the back seat. These things do sound really good, but they can't hit the lower frequencies that well. I have noticed certain songs where the bass really "drops" there is no sound from them. But that's rare.

An example song is Feel Good by Modestep. When they say "now let me hear the bass drop", mine doesn't. I am working on some tuning with my lc2i and this low frequency issue is getting a little better. I also have JBL components on order for the doors and that will probably help fill in some low end.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:41 PM

@Etazeta- do you mind posting some pictures of your setup?! I am also looking for a clean setup. I will be using my stock HU, is the wiring difficult if I decide to go with two B-8PT's. How did you set them up?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mudweiser
@Etazeta- do you mind posting some pictures of your setup?! I am also looking for a clean setup. I will be using my stock HU, is the wiring difficult if I decide to go with two B-8PT's. How did you set them up?
I'll post some this afternoon for you. As far as wiring, I just used the factory sub wires under the seat. It's a dvc sub so it fed into the lc2i perfectly. If you only get one B-8PT you could just try the high level inputs. Total install was 3-4 hours by the time I ran power wires. Took me two days total because I have a wife and she makes plans.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:01 PM

My truck does not have a stock sub. I don't have the Sony system. I have installed a couple of systems before but never with the stock HU. Will the B-8PT connect directly to the stock HU?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Mudweiser
My truck does not have a stock sub. I don't have the Sony system. I have installed a couple of systems before but never with the stock HU. Will the B-8PT connect directly to the stock HU?
Use the PAC AOEM FRD24 to connect sub to factory HU. There are threads on here about it.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM

Tallyman is right. That adapter should fix you up. Here are a couple of pics for you. I would like to do a little better job with the mounting and wall carpet cleanup but good for now.

Seats up and locked.

Quick Reply: Sound Ordnance B-8PT's?