Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sound Ordnance

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sound Ordnance

Crutchfield has the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD on sale right now for $170 so I picked one up and plan on installing it this weekend. I have researched the auto sensing on feature until my eyes have bled since I will be using the speaker level inputs. I know I can run the blue wire to a switched source but was wondering how many guys using speaker level inputs have bagged the remote turn on wire and just used the auto sensing feature. I have read mixed reviews. Thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by TPC11
Crutchfield has the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD on sale right now for $170 so I picked one up and plan on installing it this weekend. I have researched the auto sensing on feature until my eyes have bled since I will be using the speaker level inputs. I know I can run the blue wire to a switched source but was wondering how many guys using speaker level inputs have bagged the remote turn on wire and just used the auto sensing feature. I have read mixed reviews. Thanks
Most have used the auto sense feature if using the speaker inputs
Old 04-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Thanks Wyo. I have read that some guys couldn't get the amp to kick on unless they had 1/4 to 1/2 volume and others said they had no problem at all. I just don't want to rely on the auto-sense feature and button everything up and then not have it work and have to rip everything apart to run the remote wire. I like the feature. I less thing to have to deal with if it works well.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just checking in on this thread, as I'll likely be adding a SO shortly. What did you use for your sound source? (speaker wire from the passenger door? if so, how did you splice into the wire?) Did you rely on the auto-sense? How's it working out?
Old 05-25-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by nethole
Just checking in on this thread, as I'll likely be adding a SO shortly. What did you use for your sound source? (speaker wire from the passenger door? if so, how did you splice into the wire?) Did you rely on the auto-sense? How's it working out?
I used the speaker level input harness supplied with the unit and tapped into the left and right side rear speakers. I used Posi-Taps which worked great. I tried to use the auto-sense but just like others had noted, anything less than 1\4 volume and the unit would shut down. I used a tip Viin (I think that's his screen name) mentioned in his install thread and ran the remote wire to the passenger side rear speaker wire positive. Used a Posi-Tap there as well. Works perfectly now. The unit is pretty solid and really fills in the bass nicely. For what it is and how much I have into it, I'm very happy with it. I have it installed under the passenger side rear seat. Fits nice since I have a supercab. Does take a while to dial in all the setting just right but it works great if you are just looking for some solid bass.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:12 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by TPC11
I used the speaker level input harness supplied with the unit and tapped into the left and right side rear speakers. I used Posi-Taps which worked great. I tried to use the auto-sense but just like others had noted, anything less than 1\4 volume and the unit would shut down. I used a tip Viin (I think that's his screen name) mentioned in his install thread and ran the remote wire to the passenger side rear speaker wire positive. Used a Posi-Tap there as well. Works perfectly now. The unit is pretty solid and really fills in the bass nicely. For what it is and how much I have into it, I'm very happy with it. I have it installed under the passenger side rear seat. Fits nice since I have a supercab. Does take a while to dial in all the setting just right but it works great if you are just looking for some solid bass.
FYI, you can fit it behind the seat back on a scab, that's where I have mine!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:22 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by RES4CUE
FYI, you can fit it behind the seat back on a scab, that's where I have mine!
It also fits nicely in the small floor compartment behind the passenger seat in a SCAB. That is where I had mine.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
It also fits nicely in the small floor compartment behind the passenger seat in a SCAB. That is where I had mine.
Pic? I don't think I have that.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:09 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Hi.

On the fence between the SO and this one:

http://www.parts-express.com/boss-ba...ProductDetails

Looks to be a great deal if the SQ is at all decent.

Thoughts? I have no experience with either brand.

Sorry fer the /jack, lol ....

Thanks
MGD
Old 05-27-2014, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by MGD
Hi. On the fence between the SO and this one: http://www.parts-express.com/boss-ba...ProductDetails Looks to be a great deal if the SQ is at all decent. Thoughts? I have no experience with either brand. Sorry fer the /jack, lol .... Thanks MGD
I can't say anything for the Boss one but the SO is pretty decent. It's not an earth shattering bass but it fills the bottom nicely.

It's a you get what you pay for thing.

Quick Reply: Sound Ordnance