Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sound ordinance shallow 8 with built in amp

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Sound ordinance shallow 8 with built in amp

Bought the sound ordinance b-8pt a few days ago and installed it in my 2012 f150 xlt. It fits right under the passenger seat. After reading the reviews on this sub, i have to say i'm impressed on how it sounds. It came with a bass adjustment **** and simple directions to tune the speakers amp. It doesn't hit lows at all but hits pretty hard for highs. It definitely isn't going to shake your mirrors off but it does a good job for all kinds of music. When people ride in my truck they ask me what kind of 10 inch sub i have. they are shocked its a 8. the ladies love riding in the passenger seat b/c it vibrates the seat like crazy. For a 150 bucks its a great deal. Hope this helps if anyone has contemplated buying a sub that is simple and doesn't have to go under the rear seats.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:33 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtman
Bought the sound ordinance b-8pt a few days ago and installed it in my 2012 f150 xlt. It fits right under the passenger seat. After reading the reviews on this sub, i have to say i'm impressed on how it sounds. It came with a bass adjustment **** and simple directions to tune the speakers amp. It doesn't hit lows at all but hits pretty hard for highs. It definitely isn't going to shake your mirrors off but it does a good job for all kinds of music. When people ride in my truck they ask me what kind of 10 inch sub i have. they are shocked its a 8. the ladies love riding in the passenger seat b/c it vibrates the seat like crazy. For a 150 bucks its a great deal. Hope this helps if anyone has contemplated buying a sub that is simple and doesn't have to go under the rear seats.
It is a sub and doesn't hit lows at all but hits pretty hard for highs??What do you have the crossover set at? Should be 100 or less.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:31 PM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
It is a sub and doesn't hit lows at all but hits pretty hard for highs??What do you have the crossover set at? Should be 100 or less.
This.

It shouldn't be hitting highs at all
Old 05-29-2013, 09:17 PM

Sorry for my incorrect terminology. But I guess i spoke to soon, the subwoofer blew tonight. Sucks, but oh well.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 PM

Received 105 Likes on 87 Posts

Sorry for my incorrect terminology. But I guess i spoke to soon, the subwoofer blew tonight. Sucks, but oh well.
Sounds like it wasn't worth a damn anyways. Did it have a warranty?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:18 PM

Crutch field is giving me a refund, but it was discontinued. So a new one came out this week (just my luck). So I'm going to buy that one. Crutchfield is giving me 20 dollars towards it. I really liked that SUb so ill just hope it was a fluke it blew.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with Jl 13Tw5 shallow sub underneth the rear. works perfect. Its a 13.5 in sub woofer.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:49 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Crutch field is giving me a refund, but it was discontinued. So a new one came out this week (just my luck). So I'm going to buy that one. Crutchfield is giving me 20 dollars towards it. I really liked that SUb so ill just hope it was a fluke it blew.
Sounds like a good deal. Thread was a whole thread on the SO. Some people had 2 in their truck. Like you said they are not a thumper but fills in the low end nicely.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:54 PM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I have the Sound Ordinance B-8PT and haven't had any issues with it. My bypass crossover is turned as low as it will go which I think is 80db. Any higher than that you will hear the sound of the rear speakers trying to come through the sub. I've delt with Crutchfield my whole life and the customer service has always been great. Growing up in Charlottesville VA where they are located we use to go into the store on a rainy day and watch movies in their different setup theater areas. LOL.........the sales reps never said a thing to us. My biggest issue lately is my front door speaker has gone out completely. Order a whole new door wiring harness last night. I could have taken it to the dealer to have it replaced under warranty but I don't have the time or patience to go to the dealership.
The following users liked this post:
dirtman (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 09:30 PM

Appreciate the advice mudweiser. When i get the new one ill keep it under the 80db.

Quick Reply: Sound ordinance shallow 8 with built in amp