Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sound Ordinance B 8PT

Old 11-15-2012, 11:30 AM
'11 FX4 SCREW 5.ohh!

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Sound Ordinance B 8PT

So I did a interior tear down with speaker install, 4 ch amp, small powered sub, and sound deadening material, a couple months back. Took a good 14+ hours, and I only have picks of the naked interior, got too tired/busy to take additional pics.

Anyway I've been having an issue with the powered sub (the Sound Ordinance B-8PT mentioned in the title). It seems to be randomly working. Sometimes it works just fine, then after shutting off the truck and coming back it doesn't power on. I've checked the fuses, and it shares the remote turn on, and ground with the 4 channel amp (which is working fine). I've sent an email to SO to see what they think. I'm hoping it's an easy fix, because to get it out I have to remove the rear seats again. Any idea's??

The other thing that is bugging me is that after I installed the sub, the back seat wont lock in the up position, it seems the seat is hitting the sub. I know a few other members have installed one, and was wondering if you had the same issue?

Pics:

Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was thinking about pulling the trigger on that same sub today. I was under the impression that the seats would fold up after it's installed behind them. Yours cutting in and out kind of worries me, too, so I'd like to hear people's answers to these questions.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ICBM99
So I did a interior tear down with speaker install, 4 ch amp, small powered sub, and sound deadening material, a couple months back. Took a good 14+ hours, and I only have picks of the naked interior, got too tired/busy to take additional pics.

Anyway I've been having an issue with the powered sub (the Sound Ordinance B-8PT mentioned in the title). It seems to be randomly working. Sometimes it works just fine, then after shutting off the truck and coming back it doesn't power on. I've checked the fuses, and it shares the remote turn on, and ground with the 4 channel amp (which is working fine). I've sent an email to SO to see what they think. I'm hoping it's an easy fix, because to get it out I have to remove the rear seats again. Any idea's??

The other thing that is bugging me is that after I installed the sub, the back seat wont lock in the up position, it seems the seat is hitting the sub. I know a few other members have installed one, and was wondering if you had the same issue?

Pics:

Thanks for the pictures of a bare interior. Can't say I have seen one stripped naked like that before. If you have checked all 3 power connections then it sounds like a bad sub. There is another large thread on people that have installed 1 or 2 behind and under seats you could check out
Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 PM
'11 FX4 SCREW 5.ohh!

Originally Posted by troy_v
I was thinking about pulling the trigger on that same sub today. I was under the impression that the seats would fold up after it's installed behind them. Yours cutting in and out kind of worries me, too, so I'd like to hear people's answers to these questions.
The seat will almost go into the locked position, in fact if I force it, it will, but I didn't want to put that much pressure on the sub. It does stay in the upright position without it being locked. It's just not even with the other seat. It could be that I mounted it to a piece of 3/4" MDF, and it pushed it out far enough to interfere.

When it works I like the sub, it's a bit boomy/muddy at times, but it fills in the lower range pretty well. I haven't had the time to fully dial it in so it might be better than I've been experiencing.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM
'11 FX4 SCREW 5.ohh!

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Thanks for the pictures of a bare interior. Can't say I have seen one stripped naked like that before. If you have checked all 3 power connections then it sounds like a bad sub. There is another large thread on people that have installed 1 or 2 behind and under seats you could check out
Yeah, I wish I would have taken more during the install of the Rammat and closed cell foam, but oh well.

I'm planning on checking all my connections thoroughly this weekend, hopefully I'll find something easy.

*Edit, I read through the threads back when I was deciding on the sub, maybe I'll look at them again, thanks.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 PM
'11 FX4 SCREW 5.ohh!

I noticed on the way back from lunch that the sub was working again, but the gain was too high from me messing with it, so I turned the remote control **** and the sub stopped working. Curious.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 PM
F-150 Frequent Flyer

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I can't help as far as the issue of cutting out but I am pretty certain the the MDF mounting board is causing the issue with locking the seat into position.

Of the SO sub threads that I have read, you are the only one, that I know, that has mounted the sub.

It sucks that a lousy 3/4" makes such a difference.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 AM
'11 FX4 SCREW 5.ohh!

Yeah, if I end up tearing everything down looking for the cut out problem (or to send back), I may ditch the MDF, and find another way of securing it.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ICBM99
I noticed on the way back from lunch that the sub was working again, but the gain was too high from me messing with it, so I turned the remote control **** and the sub stopped working. Curious.
Maybe that is the problem....
Old 11-27-2012, 08:34 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Try unplugging (not using ) the remote and see if it makes a difference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sound Ordinance B 8PT