Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

some amp questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default some amp questions

I have a 1999 ext cab and want to put 2 10inch subs in it. I'm also going to upgrade all 4 stock speakers and power them with another amp. I was looking at the firewall but i cant seem to find a rubber gromet to put my power wire for my amp through. Could anyone tell me where you have put yours through to get to the engine bay?

Also have any of you guys mounted your amps on the wall behind the rear seat? If you have could you tell me how you did it please
Old 12-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Audio Junkie

Drill though the fire wall put your wire through it then reseal it. and as long as there is breathing space back there you can do it. Just once again make sure you seel the back wall once you drill in it too. you can mount an amp just about anywhere.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 AM

I need to run mine through the firewall as well. I had to loop it over the a-pillar outside so you can see 6-7" of wire from the outside, time was of the essence and I needed to leave on the trip, just wanted boom booms for it.

I recently just put in a MTX Jackhammer 1200W amp which is more than enough (turned it half way down). I have it behind my back seat (05 scab).
Until the spring it sits on the floor and the back of the seat holds it there perfectly. I will be adding my other 4 channel amp back there as well when the weather gets warm in the spring and mount both amps to some kind of board (still looking at material choices).

Due to the curvy contour of the back wall there is no way to mount the amp with screws so I'll mount the board along the back and attach all the amps and wires neatly to that.

I would also appreciate if someone with an 04-08 could show me where to run the 12V wire through the firewall. Pics! The grommet about 18: down from the windshield after removing the battery looks great but I have no way of retrieving it from inside the cab once I poke it through...tried for 2 hours and couldn't get my hand behind the glove box to feel where it was, maybe insulation or something blocking it!

Quick Reply: some amp questions