Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Solder RCA jacks to stock unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solder RCA jacks to stock unit

I have a 2001 F150XLT Supercrew and want to solder RCA jacks to the circuit board so I can plug my MP3 player to it. After removing the unit I looked at the circuit board and there is no screen printed identification for the pins. Can someone tell me (or better yet send me a diagram) the location for the "Line-In" and/or "AUX" pins so that I can just solder the RCA wire to the pin?
Also, I have the stock 6-disc CD changer and was curious if anyone knows if that uses the line-in or aux pin?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 12-22-2007, 11:30 PM
that's gonna leave a mark

Have you searched for a line level adapter? I'm not even sure if they make them anymore but I know I have one packed away somewhere. It converts speaker wires to RCA's if that's what you need to do.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:14 AM

I'm looking at actually soldering the RCA wires straight to the pins where the harness plugs into the circuit board. I have RCA wires, I have a soldering iron, I just need a location to solder the wires to make my own line-in/aux port. I need this for my MP3 player (because the FM transmitter sucks).
I can't seem to find shop manuals online for my F150 so I can't just look at an electrical diagram for the pin configuration on the connector. I am hoping that someone here has a shop manual and is willing to share it with me (if they have a PDF version that I can view).
Old 12-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A line level converter is for a signal out, he actually wants to solder the rca plugs as a imput for his mp3 player.

Quick Reply: Solder RCA jacks to stock unit