Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Snoy Nav front speaker Wiring ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snoy Nav front speaker Wiring ?

I had a local shop do a full install in my 2012 with sony nav system. When they wired the front speakers they spiliced in to the front speaker wires at the door sill, ran the wire back to the LCQ 6 and then back to the factory wiring. The tweeter they spliced in to just behind the a pillar. My question is are the tweeters getting power from my amp or are they just running of the factory sony amp?

Thanks Corey
Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Schrader
I had a local shop do a full install in my 2012 with sony nav system. When they wired the front speakers they spiliced in to the front speaker wires at the door sill, ran the wire back to the LCQ 6 and then back to the factory wiring. The tweeter they spliced in to just behind the a pillar. My question is are the tweeters getting power from my amp or are they just running of the factory sony amp?

Thanks Corey
Kinda hard to follow the wiring. LCQ6 is a crossover so I don't see how running the front speakers just thru the crossover did anything. What they should have done is spliced into the front speaker wires, ran it to the LCQ6 and then from your new amp back to the speakers...Tell me about your amp. How many channels??Are the front speakers new components?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

1. Adjust the gain on your amp, that will tell you.
2. Did they run a wire back to the tweeter? If no then that tweeter is not hooked up.

Do you have new speakers? Are they component speakers with a separate tweeter? They would have ran a new wire to the new tweeter.

Quick Reply: Snoy Nav front speaker Wiring ?