Sneak Peek...... - Page 2 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Sneak Peek......

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #11
Senior Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
 
06Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 462
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Default

I'm not running anything in the doors, I'm really happy with the mid bass that I'm getting out of the kicks. The fit is really tight and when I have them cranked, you can't feel any air seeping out around the kicks. I'm running 2 jl 10w3v3's in a sealed enclosure under the rear seat.

Yeah I really try to keep her clean. Not bad for 109, 000 miles. It helps when you're the original owner
06Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #12
Member
 
lebomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Beast View Post
I'm not running anything in the doors, I'm really happy with the mid bass that I'm getting out of the kicks. The fit is really tight and when I have them cranked, you can't feel any air seeping out around the kicks. I'm running 2 jl 10w3v3's in a sealed enclosure under the rear seat.

Yeah I really try to keep her clean. Not bad for 109, 000 miles. It helps when you're the original owner
You wouldnt want to run any mids/highs at ear level?
lebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #13
Senior Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
 
06Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 462
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebomb View Post
You wouldnt want to run any mids/highs at ear level?
You sir obviously have never heard a system with kick panels. The imaging and staging is so much higher and wider with kick panels as apposed to door speakers. When I had the components in the doors, the staging was about chest level but now the sound is on top of the dash about nose level and closer to the windshield.
06Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #14
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 555
Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Any interference with the emergency brake? Is that a tweeter or a driver in the small hole...my aging eyes....

How was the mounting of your speakers? Is that plastic rigid enough or did you have to create a mounting ring for better support?
troutspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #15
Senior Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
 
06Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 462
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutspinner View Post
Any interference with the emergency brake? Is that a tweeter or a driver in the small hole...my aging eyes....

How was the mounting of your speakers? Is that plastic rigid enough or did you have to create a mounting ring for better support?

It's a Focal tweeter, the mids are 6 1/2 Focals, the passive crossover for them are behind the kicks. As for the emergency brake, I never use it but I checked for clearance and there was no issue.

The plastic is actually pretty rigid but as you saw in the 1st set of pics, I reinforced them with a good layer of Hush Mat. It definitely made them heavier, more rigid and stopped any unwanted resonating noise coming from the plastic. As for mounting the speakers, it was really simple you just cut the size holes needed and I top mounted the mids using the supplied ring that came with the grilles. Instead of screws though, I used black allen head bolts and nuts.

Last edited by 06Beast; 04-16-2014 at 01:47 PM.
06Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tried to install an HID kit in my '15 XLT...lights keep turning off on me whiterice 2015 - Present Ford F150 95 10-28-2016 11:37 AM
Sneak peak 22x14 fuel octane 37x13.5 fabtech 8" of lift 15 crew Varner88 2015 - Present Ford F150 103 08-22-2016 10:30 AM
Non f150 pics - 16 Titan pic heavy kidastra Off-Topic 39 12-16-2015 10:53 PM
My 2015 Silver XLT/Lariat Build HBrown 2015 - Present Ford F150 22 11-30-2015 05:15 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com