Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Siruis Mounting Location

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Siruis Mounting Location

Hey all, just boutght a 2006 XLT Screw and unfortunately it does not have the factory Siruis option.

I have just purchased an add on kit but can't find a good location and I don't want it on the windshield.

Where have you put yours, any custom mounts?
Old 12-04-2011, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 04 Supercab Lariat, and didn't want my Sirius unit on the windshield either. Here is a pic of mine installed just this past week.

The black housing behind the sat unit is an LED emergency light by Whelen. I mounted it to the inner rail under the headliner above the windshield with a small angle bracket from the local home improvement warehouse, found where the stud brackets and ties are found, then I found a smaller one and bent it at the correct angle, and mounted that bracket to the other metal bracket.

It may not be the best looking mount, but it is very stable, and will not break. The radio does not move at all up there, and it is out of my field of vision when driving.

Last edited by scvfd02; 12-04-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, thanks for the picture.

Not exactly what I was looking for but you pointed out that there is something up there to attach to.

I'll keep that handy piece of info and try to design something.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt think there was anything up there either. I was trying to mount the bracket for the visor light tp the front of the overhead console and decided to drop the front of the head liner.

Most vehicles have a small area up there to mount things, you just have to drive the screw in at just the right spot, and keep making sure you haven't gone through the roof.

In my older Fords, I would mount a small flat piece of aluminum stock up there, and that would usually give me a nice sturdy surface to mount lights, gps, etc....
Old 12-09-2011, 09:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On my last ride (350z) I put the small square antenna dead center on my dash abutting the windshield. Never really noticed it and no one ever commented "man that looks whack."

Quick Reply: Siruis Mounting Location