Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sirius Radio Cutting in and out

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smile Sirius Radio Cutting in and out

Early this year I installed in my F150 a Kenwood 6140. I love the unit looks and works great except for the Sirius Radio part. I have the Antenna mounted on the dash with a clear view of the sky but the radio keeps cutting in and out to the point that I cancelled my subscription. You will be dsriving along then all of a sudden off it goes for a second then back on then off again.

Has anyone else had this problem ? If so what is the fix out side of putting the antenna out side. Can you buy a high gain antenna ?

Appreciate your comments

Regards

Bill
Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any particular reason why you do not want to put the antenna outside? when it cuts out does it say no antenna or acquiring signal?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have heard it cut out going under bridges/overpasses - is this your experience or does it cut out in the wide open?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It cutts in and out just driving down the high way and there is no indication on the radio of loss of signal or any other message. I know it cutts out under bridges and while in a garage etc. but this is strange. I have no particular reason for not putting it out side on the roof other than it getting pulled off while in a car wash and the pain of trying to run a wire under the head liner etc. etc.

Bill

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio Cutting in and out