Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sirius intermittent signal loss

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sirius intermittent signal loss

I bought a new 2013 F 150 Lariat with navigation package 502 last month. I am experiencing intermittent signal loss (no overhead obstructions). I had Sirius resend the signal; within the first 10 mile on the interstate I lost the signal three more times. When I did get the signal back after about five minutes the third time around I was good for about two hours. Sunday morning on the way to church I had no signal, and then signal on the way home. The truck goes to the dealer Wednesday for this problem; however, they said they never heard of anyone else having an intermittent problem like this before. I do not want to make repeated trips to the dealer trying to track down the problem. Has anyone had this issue?
Old 12-02-2013, 02:12 PM

Received 304 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by rwessel2
I bought a new 2013 F 150 Lariat with navigation package 502 last month. I am experiencing intermittent signal loss (no overhead obstructions). I had Sirius resend the signal; within the first 10 mile on the interstate I lost the signal three more times. When I did get the signal back after about five minutes the third time around I was good for about two hours. Sunday morning on the way to church I had no signal, and then signal on the way home. The truck goes to the dealer Wednesday for this problem; however, they said they never heard of anyone else having an intermittent problem like this before. I do not want to make repeated trips to the dealer trying to track down the problem. Has anyone had this issue?
Sounds like the wire for the satellite antenna either is not connected all the way or might have a cut in the wiring. Just make sure you are out in the open and no tall trees around you.
The following users liked this post:
rwessel2 (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you
Old 11-08-2020, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sirius XM No Signal issue

I have a 2013 F150 XLT. A few months ago my XM radio started intermittently giving me the "no signal" message. Note: If you have a broken antenna lead or loose connection it will say "Antenna Failure." After several calls with XM tech support and a visit to the local Ford dealer, I found a solution. I had seen some posts that mentioned signal interference from cell towers and the solution was to replace the antenna. Even though there is allegedly a Ford service message the Ford dealer acted like I was the first person to ever have this problem. A video I watched suggested taking an XM antenna from one of the after market radios (the little magnetic mount ones) and replacing the factory installed radio antenna. The video showed an involved process to get to the back of the radio to swap the antennas. As I started the disassembly of my dash I happened to discover the XM and regular radio antenna leads running behind the glove box (just drop the glove box down) and there was a coupler. With a little modification (breaking the plastic coupler off the antenna side of the lead) I plugged the after market antenna in (I think you can also order inexpensive adapters online). Mounted the magnetic antenna on the roof and problem solved. I have had uninterrupted XM service for a week now. Think I fixed it and without having to disassemble my dash. If I can ever find out which Ford antenna replacement will work I will go to the trouble to replace the factory antenna.

Quick Reply: Sirius intermittent signal loss