Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Signal Summing Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Signal Summing Question

Okay so in my 2012 SCREW with Nav/Sony I have already added my subs. I just ran the factory sub wires into an lc2i. Now I am ordering front components and rear coaxials.

At least for now I want to run this off the factory amp. I know the back doors will be simple unplug and plug in. But the front components... The factory amp has speaker outs for the front doors AND for the tweeters. What do I run into the new crossover? Is the front door signal full?

If this is going to require an lc61 or Cleansweep or MS-8 plus a new amp I'm probably going to stop right now. But I have to believe there is a full signal somewhere in the front to achieve this.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 PM

Received 200 Likes on 104 Posts

since the front signal already has separate signals running to the door mid range and the tweeters have the high signal running to them.I just connected the components to the factory wiring and did not use the crossovers if you are using the factory Sony amp for your power my Focals made a hugh difference in the sound quality

Now I'm going to be adding some amps so I will have to sum the signal and use the Focal crossovers

hope this helps I just bought a LCQ-1 to add a sub amp and 4 channel amp i think i will just leave the center hooked up to the factory Sony amp
Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

That actually helps quite a bit. When I called Crutchfield I told the rep that was my exact plan. Just put the aftermarket crossovers away for now and replace each speaker with it's current wiring. He advised against it saying the factory amp wouldn't do the components justice that the crossover could. I'm sure he's right, and I will probably amp the doors in the future. But I am looking for a quick plug and play fix until I get ready for that.

So I am THRILLED to hear you did this and noticed a difference. Which Focals did you install?

Quick Reply: Signal Summing Question