Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Signal Processor help

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Signal Processor help

Ok guys I need help with this system upgrade. First thing, my truck is a 2015 xlt without sony. I'm planning on adding Polk DB691's to the front and 651's in the rear powered by Alpine MRV F300, Kicker hideaway 8 behind the seat and the magical question.... What signal/sound processor will give me the best bang for the buck. Not opposed to spending a couple hundred if it's warranted but it's not, I'm sure I can spend the extra cash on something else for my truck. Thanks up front for some help.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 PM

75 views and no help. What gives? Can anyone tell me if I even need a signal processor?
Old 11-14-2015, 12:04 PM

Received 226 Likes on 138 Posts

Well that really depends on your definition of good sound. I am myself would just run the amp for the f&r. The adjustments on the amp are more than enough for my idea of great sound. The processor would help fine tune adjustments for those audiophiles.
The following users liked this post:
LoStagg (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by crankinaway
Well that really depends on your definition of good sound. I am myself would just run the amp for the f&r. The adjustments on the amp are more than enough for my idea of great sound. The processor would help fine tune adjustments for those audiophiles.
Thanks for that. Definitely not an audiophile. I was headed that route in the beginning and then the more I read, I keep hearing about "white noise". So now I'm back to square one.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:07 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by LoStagg
Thanks for that. Definitely not an audiophile. I was headed that route in the beginning and then the more I read, I keep hearing about "white noise". So now I'm back to square one.
White noise is not the real reason for using one. It is used to add the bass back in that the factory HU rolls off at higher volumes and to tweak the sound more. Myself I don't use one. Adding an amp and sub and changing the door speakers is all I needed. I had plenty of bass and having the sub and amp made ny door speaker sound better because they weren't having to handle all the bass.
The following users liked this post:
LoStagg (11-14-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 11:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LoStagg
75 views and no help. What gives? Can anyone tell me if I even need a signal processor?
I use a alpine h660. Been using it for 3/4 years. Been through 3 installs and I really like it. They are cheap, only downfall is if you want to hook up to laptop you have to use a xp machine or emulate it on your newer laptop. Without it, sound is ok but to me it is nice because it does timing and crossover points etc. you do have to mess with it a little to get exactly right for you but I would recommend one

Quick Reply: Signal Processor help