Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Should wiring kits have nickle plated/chromed connection components?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Should wiring kits have nickle plated/chromed connection components?

Just something silly I thought Id get some opinions on this. I bought a stinger 4 gauge wiring kit and put it to use yesterday. From the reviews I read and other kits I compared it to online, it seems to be a good kit. Its true CCA 4 AWG cable.

One thing I didn't care for though, and maybe im over thinking it, was the connectors that you crimp on the ends of the cable were shiny, nickle plated it looked. I was hesitant to use them, and kind of wish I went and bought some different ones from the auto shop. Shouldn't all electrical connections be raw metal for a solid connection with the least resistance?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:15 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Sherwood
Just something silly I thought Id get some opinions on this. I bought a stinger 4 gauge wiring kit and put it to use yesterday. From the reviews I read and other kits I compared it to online, it seems to be a good kit. Its true CCA 4 AWG cable.

One thing I didn't care for though, and maybe im over thinking it, was the connectors that you crimp on the ends of the cable were shiny, nickle plated it looked. I was hesitant to use them, and kind of wish I went and bought some different ones from the auto shop. Shouldn't all electrical connections be raw metal for a solid connection with the least resistance?
I agree that some of the connectors are pretty crappy and will use bare wire instead. Also the connectors don't always fit where you want them.

Quick Reply: Should wiring kits have nickle plated/chromed connection components?