Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

should i amp my new speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question should i amp my new speakers?

i jsut ordered two pairs of TSA6882R for my 2002 F150 SCrew lastnight. i finally made the order because i grew the ***** to attempt taking my door panels off, which was MUCH easier than i expected.
i noticed that the stock speakers said 25W. The new pioneers i ordered are 50W RMS, with 280W max. its going to be a stock head unit for a while.

Should i amp them at all? if so what would you amp them, 75W each? also if you could point out a specific amp that would be great. im not familiar with powering speakers and subs yet.

heres a link to where i got those pioneers. (Good deal if anyones looking)
http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=9074
thanks!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If the speakers are rated for 50W RMS then that is the maximum RMS amplifier power you should be looking for. You can and should completely ignore MAX power ratings since they mean nothing.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:10 PM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

if you amp the speakers, please take pictures of the process and show us how and where you install that. thank you
Old 10-24-2010, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just learned from crutchfield haha. i get the RMS, abnd max now.
you can amp them 75W each but it wouldnt do much more than 50W each. the peak is just for like the split second, that one note thats super loud.

if i do amp them, i would probaby just buy the supplies and let best buy deal with it, amping things looks pretty complicated haha.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's actually quite simple as long as you don't mind pulling the truck apart a bit to run wires. I don't trust other people to work on stuff like this with my vehicles because a lot of the work is hidden when it's done. If I want to be sure that all work is done to my standards, the only way is to do it myself.

Quick Reply: should i amp my new speakers?