Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

SD card music

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SD card music

Hello all.
I am not to familiar with the new audio systems, I have recently purchased and installed a Boss 870DBI radio, for the price it seems to be a good unit, it has all the toys Bluetooth, SD card, USB, CD and AUX. This unit replaces the OEM unit in my recently aquired 2007 F150. It pumps out good sound and base. Here is where I show my age. I cannot figure out how to copy music files onto an SD card, I have tried to use I tunes, and Microsoft player to copy and sync to no avail, I get an NO FILES messege on the radio, I read on the internet to format the card to FAT 32 and this did not work. I have tried copy, drag and sync. This does not work on the USB stick either. I also tried to copy directly from the CD to the card and no go.

What am I doing wrong? I am sure it is something easy to do but I am not so up to date. Any of you bright young people out there know how how to help and old man out?

Thank You. Ernie
Old 07-01-2013, 10:52 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernie1956
Hello all.
I am not to familiar with the new audio systems, I have recently purchased and installed a Boss 870DBI radio, for the price it seems to be a good unit, it has all the toys Bluetooth, SD card, USB, CD and AUX. This unit replaces the OEM unit in my recently aquired 2007 F150. It pumps out good sound and base. Here is where I show my age. I cannot figure out how to copy music files onto an SD card, I have tried to use I tunes, and Microsoft player to copy and sync to no avail, I get an NO FILES messege on the radio, I read on the internet to format the card to FAT 32 and this did not work. I have tried copy, drag and sync. This does not work on the USB stick either. I also tried to copy directly from the CD to the card and no go.

What am I doing wrong? I am sure it is something easy to do but I am not so up to date. Any of you bright young people out there know how how to help and old man out?

Thank You. Ernie
Should be able to copy and paste
Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried that.

I am going to contact the support for Boss Audio and see what they say.

Ernie
Old 07-02-2013, 11:02 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernie1956
I tried that.

I am going to contact the support for Boss Audio and see what they say.

Ernie
If you get the no files message then you are not copying then . It not a problem with the radio. You are doing something wrong with copying them.

Quick Reply: SD card music