Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

The same old song and dance, Sony subwoofer replacement

Old 04-10-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default The same old song and dance, Sony subwoofer replacement

I know this has been asked probably a thousand times seperatly but i've done my fair share of searching ( couple of hours) and i'm giving up and just asking. What wires do you use to use the factory sub harness as the signal for your LOC. I have a 2009 king ranch 4x4 screw with the factory nav and sony subwoofer and amplified system. I would prefer pictures too. I'm trying to do this build totally myself so need as much help as possible. And for anyone curious im going for the too much bass route and going with 2 alpine swr-t12 powered by a hifonics brutus 1600.1d. Should be more than enough for my stupid teen brain Any help appreciated whether it be links to the correct post or actual pictures! Also sorry for reposting this if its been done a thousand times every where i see just has pictures of the amplifier not where the loc connects to the sound system.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

On my 2013 Sony system, I connected all four wires from the harness to the LOC. I use an AudioControl Lc2-i for my LOC because it has a feature built into it that won't allow the bass to drop off at higher volume levels. The factory setup will do just that so if you don't have something to compensate for it, you will still be losing bass at higher levels.

Four wires for the sub harness, four wires for the LOC input. Pretty straight forward.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by TJPlatinumEB
On my 2013 Sony system, I connected all four wires from the harness to the LOC. I use an AudioControl Lc2-i for my LOC because it has a feature built into it that won't allow the bass to drop off at higher volume levels. The factory setup will do just that so if you don't have something to compensate for it, you will still be losing bass at higher levels.

Four wires for the sub harness, four wires for the LOC input. Pretty straight forward.
You used the wires going to the amplifier or from the anplifier to the subwoofer?
Old 04-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Burke484
You used the wires going to the amplifier or from the anplifier to the subwoofer?
On the harness that plugs into the factory sub box there are only four wires. I assume the 09's are the same way, but I am not 100% sure. If you take your sub out of the box and follow those four wires, all four of them attach to the factory sub. Therefore you have two positive and two negative inputs for the sound to go to your LOC.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:56 AM

On the harness that plugs into the factory sub box there are only four wires. I assume the 09's are the same way, but I am not 100% sure. If you take your sub out of the box and follow those four wires, all four of them attach to the factory sub. Therefore you have two positive and two negative inputs for the sound to go to your LOC.
On my factory harness going from my radio to the factory amplifier i have way more than 4 wires. from the amplifier to the subwoofer i have 4 wires but that is still using the factory amplifer. Are you set up to use the factory amplifier?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of results are you getting? I'm doing something similar, but have to have the bass turned on on the HU to get any decent bass out of the sub.

-Matt
Old 04-14-2014, 01:51 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Burke484

On my factory harness going from my radio to the factory amplifier i have way more than 4 wires. from the amplifier to the subwoofer i have 4 wires but that is still using the factory amplifer. Are you set up to use the factory amplifier?
I think you have to pull your signal after the factory amplifier. Before the factory amp isn't a useable signal if I remember right.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by king nothing
I think you have to pull your signal after the factory amplifier. Before the factory amp isn't a useable signal if I remember right.
Yes i pulled it right at the harness.

Edit:
Just for further clarification i had a shop do it and they taped right at the harness coming out of the carpet where the stock subwoofer is and it is the green and yellow wires. They just threw 2 T taps on it.

Last edited by Burke484; 04-15-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: More info
Old 08-09-2014, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has anyone tried the JL Audio CP108LB-W3v3 using the factory amp? Technically not enough wattage to make it sing, but I bet this would satisfy the folks who want more than a stuffed stock Sony system delivers in the '13s and '14s.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Links:
Amazon Amazon
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eo0Abvh...08LG-W3v3.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The same old song and dance, Sony subwoofer replacement