Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Running speaker wires in 2010 SCREW Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running speaker wires in 2010 SCREW Help!

So I'm trying to run some 12g speaker wire from my front speakers to the rear for my amp. In past vehicles I just routed them through the rubber tube that runs the wires from door to cab. After getting the door panel off and trying to run the wires through the rubber tube, I found that it wasn't a tube at all. It's a freakin cannon plug. What would be the best way to route the wires from speakers to amp. Thanks in advance. -Mac
Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

How much power are you running? I just reused the stock wire since my Dearborn built truck had the molex plugs you're talking about. You shouldn't have any issues up to 100W RMS or so (running passive xovers in the doors).

You can try to drill out the blank spots in the molex plugs if you're dead set, or drill new holes in the jambs.

Last edited by GATORB8; 09-17-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by GATORB8
How much power are you running? I just reused the stock wire since my Dearborn built truck had the molex plugs you're talking about. You shouldn't have any issues up to 100W RMS or so (running passive xovers in the doors).

You can try to drill out the blank spots in the molex plugs if you're dead set, or drill new holes in the jambs.
The amp I have will put 120wRMS to the fronts. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...lon_XR-4S.aspx I figured 12g was the way to go. I thought about drilling, but wanted to see if there was a better way.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:49 PM

I manage to get two pairs of 12g wire through each plug. I unsheathed the wires and drilled out individual holes for each one. WD40 helps out quite a bit. Overall it is a major PITA...

Quick Reply: Running speaker wires in 2010 SCREW Help!