Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1TS

Old 11-11-2013, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1TS

Im installing Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1TS tweeters and want to know if my 2006 truck without tweeters will need a crossover or bass blocker to install these speakers and do they just wire to door speakers, I have already installed a Pioneer head unit
Old 11-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigge31566
Im installing Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1TS tweeters and want to know if my 2006 truck without tweeters will need a crossover or bass blocker to install these speakers and do they just wire to door speakers, I have already installed a Pioneer head unit
Are you just adding tweeters or did you pick up the R1 component set? You will definitely need a crossover or the tweeters will have a lot of distortion at high volume from the lower frequencies received. Depending on the capabilities of your head unit, you may be able to set the crossover points there. This option would also require you to make the speaker connections directly to the head unit. If you wire them into the door speaker in either a series or parallel configuration you will need to get a separate inline crossover to attenuate the lower frequencies.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:30 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes you'll want to be able to filter out the lower frequencies somehow, otherwise you'll end up blowing them eventually.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1TS