Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Signal Processor

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Signal Processor

Greetings - this is my first post as a new member.

I have been researching options to improve the sound in my new 2015 King Ranch. One of the options that has come up is this Rockford Fosgate signal processor. It apparently works with your OEM head unit and is configurable to make speakers more efficient. The reviews are hit and miss - those that like it absolutely rave about the incredible sound. Others say its too complicated to configure.

I am told that the installation shop actually analyzes the signal and does the initial configuration.

I am thinking about adding this to the system, replacing all speakers, and replacing the sub somehow. I want to keep the sub behind the seats, and I haven't found a perfect solution for that yet.

Does anyone have experience with this signal processor?
Old 06-02-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Wenkebach
Greetings - this is my first post as a new member.

I have been researching options to improve the sound in my new 2015 King Ranch. One of the options that has come up is this Rockford Fosgate signal processor. It apparently works with your OEM head unit and is configurable to make speakers more efficient. The reviews are hit and miss - those that like it absolutely rave about the incredible sound. Others say its too complicated to configure.

I am told that the installation shop actually analyzes the signal and does the initial configuration.

I am thinking about adding this to the system, replacing all speakers, and replacing the sub somehow. I want to keep the sub behind the seats, and I haven't found a perfect solution for that yet.

Does anyone have experience with this signal processor?
Welcome aboard. I would suggest using the search function. I just did and came up with about 10 threads where this unit is mentioned.
You are aware that adding this you will need to use new amps? Right?
Old 06-02-2015, 05:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

It can be a very noisy hit and miss processor. Most of us doing SQ installs will use the Helix DSP or Helix DSP Pro. Check out diymobileaudio.com
Old 06-03-2015, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by lizardking1
It can be a very noisy hit and miss processor. Most of us doing SQ installs will use the Helix DSP or Helix DSP Pro. Check out diymobileaudio.com
Thanks - I didn't notice the Helix DSP. Apparently about the same as far as the processing goes, except it has lower preamp output than the RFG. Not sure that will matter much.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Welcome aboard. I would suggest using the search function. I just did and came up with about 10 threads where this unit is mentioned.
You are aware that adding this you will need to use new amps? Right?
Thanks for pointing out the search function. I actually did the search but really didn't get what I was looking for specifically relating to the RFG 3sixty.

Yes - I have two amps ready to go for the system upgrade - a 4 channel amp for the speakers and an amp for the sub.

I'd like to put components up front and some mids in the back doors. Haven't decided what to go with yet.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It comes with a few discs and you tune it with your laptop download some software and it will walk you through everything, I've installed several dozen of them for customers don't worry about the other comments if installed correctly you won't have noise, I have yet to install a 360 into a car and end up with a noise problem. It is a killer product.

(FYI on the other comment) helix and brax are the same technology, they are all the same company as Rockford.
The following users liked this post:
pettis (12-31-2015)
Old 06-14-2015, 01:11 PM

Have we determined whether or not the piped in engine noise interferes with the DSP? Will it be affected?
Old 06-14-2015, 02:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It won't exactly interfere but if you have it it will get louder just like everything else. It is a good idea to find out if it's there before you build your system, not that there is anything you can do about it if you do. I have been lucky so far all of the 2015 trucks customers have brought me to work on have been 5.0 trucks. I am curious to get my hands on an eb with the "engine" sound to see what I can do.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by platinumb
It won't exactly interfere but if you have it it will get louder just like everything else. It is a good idea to find out if it's there before you build your system, not that there is anything you can do about it if you do. I have been lucky so far all of the 2015 trucks customers have brought me to work on have been 5.0 trucks. I am curious to get my hands on an eb with the "engine" sound to see what I can do.
I definitely have it. I would love to get rid of it prior to or along with the install. I've read a bunch of posts and I don't think the engine noise can selectively be removed.

If it doesn't matter, I'll just go with it I guess?

Last edited by Wenkebach; 06-14-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Signal Processor