Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Right Side Speakers - No Sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Right Side Speakers - No Sound

Last night I went to upgrade the stereo from the previous owner. He had a Pioneer Double Din (but it was older) and I decided to go with the Pioneer AppRadio 4.

Upon removing the head unit, I found speaker wire running directly to the pioneer plug, bypassing the factory harness.

On the front passenger door, I see that same wire going directly to an aftermarket speaker and the wires were just wrapped through the connectors on that speaker.

I didn't like having things be non-factory looking, so I ripped that speaker wire out and found the factory wires cut behind the door panel and spliced extensions on them and ran those to the speaker with some blade type connectors.

Now I do not have sound. Obviously the PO had a reason for running direct from the head unit to the speaker.

My question, where could the factory wiring go wrong? It's just a positive and a negative.

It doesn't appear the rear speaker on passenger side works either.

Also there are no tweeters installed.
The following users liked this post:
layerchristopher83@g (11-10-2022)
Old 05-11-2016, 11:23 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mbspark
Last night I went to upgrade the stereo from the previous owner. He had a Pioneer Double Din (but it was older) and I decided to go with the Pioneer AppRadio 4.

Upon removing the head unit, I found speaker wire running directly to the pioneer plug, bypassing the factory harness.

On the front passenger door, I see that same wire going directly to an aftermarket speaker and the wires were just wrapped through the connectors on that speaker.

I didn't like having things be non-factory looking, so I ripped that speaker wire out and found the factory wires cut behind the door panel and spliced extensions on them and ran those to the speaker with some blade type connectors.

Now I do not have sound. Obviously the PO had a reason for running direct from the head unit to the speaker.

My question, where could the factory wiring go wrong? It's just a positive and a negative.

It doesn't appear the rear speaker on passenger side works either.

Also there are no tweeters installed.
if you started using the factory wires and the old hu was wired with new wire then you wouldn't have sound since the factory harness isn't connected. i would start out by getting the correct wiring harness and start out fresh
Old 05-12-2016, 09:54 AM

Well last night I was able to do some testing of continuity. Turns out the speaker connection is lost at the door bundle. It's amazing how Ford has the speakers go all around the cab of the truck instead of directly behind the dash to the door, but I'm sure there is a reason, they run them that way.

So I may go back to what the PO did and just run then directly from the door to the head unit and bypass the factory harness.

Now I need to figure out how to get that pesky door connector figured out to get speaker wire through it
Old 05-12-2016, 11:20 AM

Well last night I was able to do some testing of continuity. Turns out the speaker connection is lost at the door bundle. It's amazing how Ford has the speakers go all around the cab of the truck instead of directly behind the dash to the door, but I'm sure there is a reason, they run them that way.

So I may go back to what the PO did and just run then directly from the door to the head unit and bypass the factory harness.

Now I need to figure out how to get that pesky door connector figured out to get speaker wire through it
What kind of connector does it have? Molex?
Old 05-12-2016, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
What kind of connector does it have? Molex?
I believe it is the Molex. If the molex is the connector with the gray lever.

I just read some posts about being able to possibly drill a hole to get new speaker wires to go through.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:42 PM

I believe it is the Molex. If the molex is the connector with the gray lever.

I just read some posts about being able to possibly drill a hole to get new speaker wires to go through.
YES. You can carefully drill a hole

Quick Reply: Right Side Speakers - No Sound