Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Reverse camera-No video

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse camera-No video

I have no idea what to do now...

I have a 2006 F150, 7 pin trailer plug, AVH-X1500DVD radio, and license plate reverse camera w/ LED night vision

Link to plate:
http://bit.ly/YBHOgn

Hope the link works.

First, I ran my wires where I wanted them, my video following the main line of wiring from rear to under my driver door entry, and then my power to the reverse power in the trailer plug. Then I grounded it to the ground wire there on the plug also.

Inside, I ran my video wire from the entry, under the flooring carpet, and then up into the center behind where my radio is, plugged it in.

Went to the settings and I turned the Rear Camera feature on so I am able to hook it up. I have the reverse wire out the back of the radio (light purplish/white stripe) to the reverse wire in cab. Whenever I put my truck in reverse, it pulls up the screen with caution about the image being reverse, but the screen stays black.

I don't know what to do or what it can be... This is my first time doing this and really would like some info and help on it please.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:04 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by CajUn FriiEs
I have no idea what to do now...

I have a 2006 F150, 7 pin trailer plug, AVH-X1500DVD radio, and license plate reverse camera w/ LED night vision

Link to plate:
http://bit.ly/YBHOgn

Hope the link works.

First, I ran my wires where I wanted them, my video following the main line of wiring from rear to under my driver door entry, and then my power to the reverse power in the trailer plug. Then I grounded it to the ground wire there on the plug also.

Inside, I ran my video wire from the entry, under the flooring carpet, and then up into the center behind where my radio is, plugged it in.

Went to the settings and I turned the Rear Camera feature on so I am able to hook it up. I have the reverse wire out the back of the radio (light purplish/white stripe) to the reverse wire in cab. Whenever I put my truck in reverse, it pulls up the screen with caution about the image being reverse, but the screen stays black.

I don't know what to do or what it can be... This is my first time doing this and really would like some info and help on it please.
Sounds like the camera isn't turning on. Check your connections back there.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input, but that wasn't the problem lol. I feel dumb. I had my yellow video plugged in the video-in plug-in spot, thinking since the camera is feeding video into it. But I read on another forum, civic I think, that they had to plug the video in a brown colored plug-in. Well, I plugged it in the brown and now i get video! I'm literally 2" short on wire so Imma have to re run it just a tad better. Now I know better next time. By back there, Im sure you meant the back of the truck right?

Last edited by CajUn FriiEs; 03-15-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by CajUn FriiEs
Thanks for the input, but that wasn't the problem lol. I feel dumb. I had my yellow video plugged in the video-in plug-in spot, thinking since the camera is feeding video into it. But I read on another forum, civic I think, that they had to plug the video in a brown colored plug-in. Well, I plugged it in the brown and now i get video! I'm literally 2" short on wire so Imma have to re run it just a tad better. Now I know better next time. By back there, Im sure you meant the back of the truck right?
Yes at your plug

Quick Reply: Reverse camera-No video