Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Revamping 2011 Screw W/ Stock HU

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Revamping 2011 Screw W/ Stock HU

Hi all, I have a 2011 Screw and I want to redo my audio while retaining the stock (non-nav, non-Sony) HU. The thought here is to maintain Sync functionality and the stock look, making all the changes on the output end. I'd also like to maintain balance and fade functionality, for OCD purposes.

I want to run Polk MM components in the front, Polk coax in the rear, and two Polk 12" subs in a Supercrew Audio box under the rear seats (yes, I am a Polk nerd). I'll be running the fronts and rears from a 4-channel amp, most likely the Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575PBR3...2#overview-tab) due to its small size. The subs I would like to run in parallel from a single mono amp, brand I haven't settled on yet. Something on the order of 900w RMS at 2ohm.

I know that I will need a PAC module to convert my stock HU speaker level outs to four line level outs (F/R L/R). My question is, what's the best way to incorporate the sub amp into the equation? Is there another PAC module that adds on another set of full-range preamp outs? Or will I need to switch to a different speaker amp that has a set of passthrough preamp outs? (don't really want to do this as the Fosgate seems to be a nice part that is really ridiculously small) Anyone have any experience with passing the preamp signal through one amp to another?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

You can use a couple of RCA Y adapters to split one of your sets of channels (front or rear) to give you a feed into your sub amp.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

^ this. Run your 2 sets of RCA cables to your amp location. Then add a Y to one set for input to both amps. Or buy a 5-channel amp and not worry about it.

By the way, that is what I did for door speakers. Polk MM6501 front and db571 rear and love it.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockford-Fos...item231a0e1694 Save youself 70 bucks!

Quick Reply: Revamping 2011 Screw W/ Stock HU